Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 04:30 AM

26,898 posts, read 22,766,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Isn’t the death sentence a bit excessive? Besides if you want to strike fear into these men’s eyes, I’m sure they are for more scared of being castrated than death. Plus chemical castration in sex offenders has proven to work and recidivism rates fall below 5% due to lowered testosterone levels which reduces their sex drive.
Of course it's excessive in the developed countries where the mores/the whole philosophy are different, and men have more self respect and self restraint.
There is no need for such drastic measures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2021, 08:30 PM

2,386 posts, read 1,889,436 times
The greatest danger to the West seems to be this notion that the righteous and just thing to do is to act against its own self-interest. How did so much of the ruling class convince themselves to cripple their own people for the benefit of nations who are not even held to the most basic standards of humanitarianism?

It's not enough to blame the migrant, or the Muslim, or whatever out-group. That is the blunt and imprecise approach. It does lump in the good with the bad, which is unfair to the good. By doing that it also plays into the hand of the self-righteous and self-destructive modern progressive. It is too easy for them, who are the real enemies, to deflect this approach.

The problem is deeper, and it is born and baked from within Europe not from some outsiders. Maybe it starts from the artists and academics of 19th century Paris Salons. The athiests, communists, nihilists, anarchists. The well educated, well born radical ones. The ones who hated God, they hated themselves, and they hated life itself. The cultural/moral rot that would collapse the West was born and raised in the West itself

Old 12-02-2021, 08:52 PM

1,719 posts, read 743,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
The greatest danger to the West seems to be this notion that the righteous and just thing to do is to act against its own self-interest. How did so much of the ruling class convince themselves to cripple their own people for the benefit of nations who are not even held to the most basic standards of humanitarianism?

It's not enough to blame the migrant, or the Muslim, or whatever out-group. That is the blunt and imprecise approach. It does lump in the good with the bad, which is unfair to the good. By doing that it also plays into the hand of the self-righteous and self-destructive modern progressive. It is too easy for them, who are the real enemies, to deflect this approach.

The problem is deeper, and it is born and baked from within Europe not from some outsiders. Maybe it starts from the artists and academics of 19th century Paris Salons. The athiests, communists, nihilists, anarchists. The well educated, well born radical ones. The ones who hated God, they hated themselves, and they hated life itself. The cultural/moral rot that would collapse the West was born and raised in the West itself
The trouble with your premise is that not a lot of 19th century privileged self-haters are around today raping young girls in Germany.

And it sounds like you're excusing the ones who do rape.

Last edited by Bentonite; 12-02-2021 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Added words

Old 12-03-2021, 02:13 AM

14,733 posts, read 15,226,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
Isn’t the death sentence a bit excessive? Besides if you want to strike fear into these men’s eyes, I’m sure they are for more scared of being castrated than death. Plus chemical castration in sex offenders has proven to work and recidivism rates fall below 5% due to lowered testosterone levels which reduces their sex drive.
For gang rapists, no, I don't think execution of gang rapists is excessive at all. It's the compassionate thing to do for them to put them out of their misery and make civilized society safer without them.

Gang rape is an extremely violent act that is NOT about high testosterone levels and high sex drive. Gang rape is all about groups of violent minded defectives joining together to hunt for victims and be brutally physically and mentally vicious and sadistic to their victims. Civilized societies are better off if people of that kind of mentality and behaviour are not allowed to live.

Speaking of castration - now here is a really scary thought for you if castration is something that men fear so much. (And take note, I do not espouse the following kind of torture, I think a quick, efficient execution is good enough.) My mother was a victim of rape when she was a teenager during WW1, and she used to say that rapists should be castrated with old rusty, jagged edged tin lids and allowed to bleed out for awhile with salt on the wound before being strung up at the end of a poorly placed hangman's noose to finish them off slowly.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:45 AM

2,386 posts, read 1,889,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
The trouble with your premise is that not a lot of 19th century privileged self-haters are around today raping young girls in Germany.

And it sounds like you're excusing the ones who do rape.
Those are the ones who planted the seeds of self-destruction. Obviously no one is around from 19th century anymore.. The ideas get passed on and inherited generation to generation.

I am not excusing the rapist?? How do you get that from what I said. I'm saying the problem goes beyond the rapist. You think they can't be stopped?? Like this is some "invasion" that is overwhelmed Germany's capacity for self-defence? Nonono, they choose not to do it The leadership willingly ignores this and downplays it like they do across Europe

Great nations aren't conquered, that is what makes them great. Maybe eventually, but only after they did the critical damage to themselves. They always self destruct. Germany has done it twice already in 100 years who would be surprised to see it happen a third

Old 12-03-2021, 08:41 AM

7,551 posts, read 4,290,537 times
Quote:
Those are the ones who planted the seeds of self-destruction. Obviously no one is around from 19th century anymore.. The ideas get passed on and inherited generation to generation.

I am not excusing the rapist?? How do you get that from what I said. I'm saying the problem goes beyond the rapist. You think they can't be stopped?? Like this is some "invasion" that is overwhelmed Germany's capacity for self-defence? Nonono, they choose not to do it The leadership willingly ignores this and downplays it like they do across Europe

Great nations aren't conquered, that is what makes them great. Maybe eventually, but only after they did the critical damage to themselves. They always self destruct. Germany has done it twice already in 100 years who would be surprised to see it happen a third
I think Merkel let the immigrants in with the best of intentions. She was naive and played into the hands of people who want to destroy western civilization. It's happening on big time in the USA now. People are actively and openly destroying the USA.

Afghanistan was always the “Graveyard of Empires." They believed it just a matter of time when they get their land back. They outwaited the British, Russian and the Americans and won.

After the Fall of the Roman Empire, Europe was overrun by Muslims. Frankly, I feel that Muslims feel the same way about Europe. It's just a matter of time when they get their land - Europe - back. They don't need to respect EU/Western Civilization laws, because it will be their land once again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...assical_Europe

Old 12-03-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:

Okay, thanks for explaining. Because you were so quick to say it wasn't due to whatever out-group, I thought you were defending/excusing the rapists.

Of course the problem goes beyond the rapist, but Germany (and other countries) don't seem to be doing a great deal about it. As you say, they choose not to do it.

WWI, WWII, and now this debacle ... not good.

Thanks again for explaining.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
I think Merkel let the immigrants in with the best of intentions. She was naive and played into the hands of people who want to destroy western civilization. It's happening on big time in the USA now. People are actively and openly destroying the USA.

Afghanistan was always the “Graveyard of Empires." They believed it just a matter of time when they get their land back. They outwaited the British, Russian and the Americans and won.

After the Fall of the Roman Empire, Europe was overrun by Muslims. Frankly, I feel that Muslims feel the same way about Europe. It's just a matter of time when they get their land - Europe - back. They don't need to respect EU/Western Civilization laws, because it will be their land once again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histor...assical_Europe
I think Merkel knew exactly what she was doing. She's no dummy. Whether she had global masters, as I've heard said, is another matter.

Islam did not conquer all of Europe, only parts of it. And before they invaded Europe, it wasn't theirs -- like most places, I suppose.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:29 PM

7,551 posts, read 4,290,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
\
Islam did not conquer all of Europe, only parts of it. And before they invaded Europe, it wasn't theirs -- like most places, I suppose.
According to Islam, once a Muslim conquers an area, its theirs - even if they lose it later on.

Spain was under Islam law for seven centuries.

Quote:
"Clearly Spain forms part of the strategic objectives of global jihad. We are not the only ones but we are in their sights." — Spanish Interior Minister Jorge Fernández Díaz.

Radical Muslims in Spain have launched a social media campaign aimed at generating support for the jihadist group Islamic State [IS].

The campaign involves posters that include images of famous Spanish landmarks and monuments emblazoned with Arabic slogans such as, "We are all the Islamic State" and "Long Live the Islamic State."

One poster includes an image of the medieval Islamic Aljafería Palace in the Spanish city of Zaragoza and the black flag associated with the IS. Another uses an image of the famous La Concha beach in the Basque city of San Sebastián. Yet another includes an image of the statue of Jesus Christ on Monte Urgull in San Sebastián, with the Arabic words "Al-Andalus Country" instead of "Basque Country."

The poster campaign comes after IS jihadists produced a video in which they vow to liberate al-Andalus from non-Muslims and make it part of their new Islamic Caliphate.Al-Andalus is the Arabic name given to those parts of Spain, Portugal and France that were occupied by Muslim conquerors (also known as the Moors) from 711 to 1492. As the Basque Country is surrounded by mountains, however, the Moors never succeeded in occupying it.

The video shows a jihadist speaking in Spanish with a heavy North African accent. He says:

"I say to the entire world as a warning: We are living under the Islamic flag, the Islamic caliphate. We will die for it until we liberate those occupied lands, from Jakarta to Andalusia. And I declare: Spain is the land of our forefathers and we are going to take it back with the power of Allah."

Radical Muslims (and many moderate Muslims) believe that all territories Muslims lost during the Christian Reconquista of Spain still belong to the realm of Islam. They claim that Islamic law gives them the right to return there and re-establish Muslim rule.

In recent years, the return of "occupied" Al-Andalus to the fold of Islam has become an obsession for Muslims of all stripes, and calls to reconquer al-Andalus have become more frequent and more strident.
http://www.gees.org/articulos/islami...ake-spain-back

What Spain or (other European cities/states - like Sicily) was before or after Islam doesn't matter to Muslims.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:56 AM

24,931 posts, read 11,355,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
According to Islam, once a Muslim conquers an area, its theirs - even if they lose it later on.

Spain was under Islam law for seven centuries.

Islamic State: "We Will Take Spain Back" | GEES

What Spain or (other European cities/states - like Sicily) was before or after Islam doesn't matter to Muslims.
Spoils always belong to the victors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe