Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM

24,717 posts, read 11,044,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
The same applies to Germans moving to Italy. I guess "old alliences" never really die.lol
Gag me with a spoon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 09:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,784,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
The same applies to Germans moving to Italy. I guess "old alliences" never really die.lol
Indeed, very funny Theoretically all Germans could also move to Britain or France or Andorra, no old alliances there...

Old 03-21-2010, 11:47 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,209,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Gag me with a spoon
Oh lighten up.lol

Old 03-21-2010, 12:23 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,886,595 times
The main issue with Germany denying Citizenship to its citizens-of-colour

YouTube - Roberto Blanco - Ein bißchen Spaß muß sein 1998

Roberto Blanco is a German citizen.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:43 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,784,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

YouTube - Roberto Blanco - Ein bißchen Spaß muß sein 1998

Roberto Blanco is a German citizen.
Lol, that is a rather unfortunate example of a black German, he is considered quite an *******

Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,209,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Lol, that is a rather unfortunate example of a black German, he is considered quite an *******
I thought Josef Goebbels was a "black German".lol

Old 03-21-2010, 04:15 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,874,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

I still can't believe someone said that. Such bullcrap...

Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 PM

24,717 posts, read 11,044,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I still can't believe someone said that. Such bullcrap...
We actually agree upon something!

Old 12-20-2015, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City of Rain View Post
yes, germans are great people and germany is a great country

i feel safe having germany as the biggest and most powerful country in europe (economically, not when it comes to warfare).

by clicking the usernames of the people who post comments saying germans are nazis, youll find that most of them, if not all, live in USA. im not trying to sound offending, but it came as no surprise. there are so many people who are like that, you just have to ignore it.
It might have something to do with PEGIDA, the attacks (Refugee Crisis Drives Rise of New Right Wing in Germany - SPIEGEL ONLINE) and the social acceptance of racism (e.g. https://www.rt.com/news/314016-germa...acist-twitter/ ) and generally in the CDU/CSU, NPD, this sort of junk is acceptable - http://www.buzzfeed.com/philippjahne...us#.vfzYW9BV6J , the widespread racism throughout all sections of society.

Germany is an export champ but a cultural and creative midget.

Vicarious glory should not cloud reality.

ETC..

Old 12-24-2015, 07:15 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,463,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Just wanted to go on record here to say what a great palce Germany is and to say how much I like the Germans who I met, when I was there.

My paternal forefathers are German and we recently discovered that we have extended family in Hanover.
I travelled to Hanover to meet my relatives and sure enough they were able to tell me all about my greatgrandfather who left Germany to travel.

Since then I discovered a lot of really interesting history about my extended inlaws and I hope I was able to fill in a few blanks for them as well.

Since then I have taken frequent holidays in Germany.
I've been to Berlin.
I've been to Munich twice.
In every way, I have found Germany and Germans thoroughly polite and kind - despite my poor command of the German language.
Yeah they are a very nice welcoming people and sometimes have very beautiful, blonde, blue-eyed women. Many are jealous and want to attach stereotypes to them only because of the past. You should be proud of your German ancestry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe