Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 PM

24 posts, read 42,478 times

Advertisements

The gabbing-walking-housewives. Side by side, you can find them on any treadmill in the afternoon walking and talking about what Linda told Tammy, if Sarah got back with Steve, and, of course, who's kids are more involved. Both skinny as rails, never sweating. They do this for an hour and leave.

PS One time I saw one of them wearing flip flops - on the treadmill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 10:26 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
The people who go sit down on a machine and just sit there text messaging and don't even do anything on the machine for about 15-20 mins. Women taking their sons up to 10 years old into the women's lockerroom where women are changing clothes, people that throw stuff in front of your locker so you can't open it and have to wait on them to dress or do whatever. And also old men who for reasons unknown have no sense of what to wear in the gym like the old grandpa who works out in his boxer shorts or several that wear skin tight bike shorts that show everything you don't want to see.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:55 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
I hate the meat-heads who scream, yell, and throw the weights on the floor, then instead of putting them back in order, they'll put a 120lb dumbbell near the 85lb or something. That's so freaking annoying. Guys who go to the gym with like 5 of their pals, just to stall and talk about the girls they banged instead of getting it in and leaving. I also hate the meat heads who criticize the people who are trying their best working out.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:18 AM

395 posts, read 1,540,798 times
At the Y that I work out at, there are televisions that you can watch while you are on the cardio equipment. There is no sound until you plug in your headphones and we are supposed to ask around before changing the channel.

There is this one older guy who ALWAYS changes the channel on the one tv that I am listening to. He never asks if anyone is watching it. One time a younger woman just walked up to it and changed the tv to Home and Garden channel and even though she did not ask either I wanted to cheer! He was yelling "NO!" and she just ignored him. He always has to put it on some kind of game too.

Lately I have been borrowing my daughters Zune and I will be getting a second generation ipod next month-looking forward to that!

Old 12-18-2010, 12:27 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antlered chamataka View Post
my only pet peeve is with fatties who wear uniform and a badge on their chest, calling themselves personal trainers. Aren't you supposed to set an example??? :d
+1

Old 12-18-2010, 09:56 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,860,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamom1970 View Post
At the Y that I work out at, there are televisions that you can watch while you are on the cardio equipment. There is no sound until you plug in your headphones and we are supposed to ask around before changing the channel.

There is this one older guy who ALWAYS changes the channel on the one tv that I am listening to. He never asks if anyone is watching it. One time a younger woman just walked up to it and changed the tv to Home and Garden channel and even though she did not ask either I wanted to cheer! He was yelling "NO!" and she just ignored him. He always has to put it on some kind of game too.

Lately I have been borrowing my daughters Zune and I will be getting a second generation ipod next month-looking forward to that!

Maybe you should complain to your gym that they need better equipment. What I mean is at our gym each cardio machine has its own sound box, you plug your earphones in and you can change the sound to one of the 4 channels playing on the tvs. There is a row of about 25 tvs to look at so nobody is interfering with anyone else's tv viewing. Your gym sounds behind the times. For music I use a Zen Stone which costs $46 at Walmart it is very tiny compared to the Zune.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
People who think their squats are more important than my bicep curls. Wait your turn b****.

People who must wipe down EVERYTHING in the free-weight section. This is a gym, not a my-little-princess-skipping-fairy-play-house. I came to the gym to move iron, not clean.

Water fountains that only have like 0.0001psi. I have a serious body that works up a serious thirst. What am I suppose to do, put a straw down the hole and suck it out?

People who roll their eyes when I do a full flex-down in the mirror. Cmon, you only wish you looked this good

Old 12-18-2010, 02:56 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,453,491 times
My pet peeves are similar to others listed here. But there are a few other things that drive me insane.

1) people who drink from the water fountain and then SPIT into the drain. G R O S S
2) people who somehow think that its OK to sweat profusely so that the entire area is soaking wet and then they walk away leaving the entire area a mess. DISGUSTING
3) people whostand around in groups chatting and blocking access to machines SELFISH
4) people who do not wash their gym clothes EVERY time they wear them. People..they stink even if you cannot smell it. The rest of us CAN.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:36 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
I was at the gym the other day and forgot my iPod. The guy next to me was sniffing in his snot, sounding like a pig every ten to twenty seconds. It was nasty. After five minutes, I got off the treadmill and went to another machine. I couldn't take it. I almost turned to him and said "Go blow your nose already!"

Old 12-18-2010, 10:24 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
I can't comment on the ladies, because I'm a guy.

What I can't understand is those guys (usually the younger ones) who won't shower after the big workout and they're all sweaty. They'll just put on their street clothes. When I went to junior high school and high school we all had to shower together ... no big deal. Are these dudes afraid they "don't measure up" or someone might be checking them out (ummm, you're supposed to wrap a towel around your waist until you get to your shower, you don't have to be an exhibitionist and strut around in your birthday suit).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness