Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:50 PM

151 posts, read 613,013 times

Advertisements

Oh my! There's only 7 servings in a small tub for $42.50? A large 15 servings for $74.95?

That's probably what I was missing! I do not completely want to cancel it out though as it looks great. Just insanely expensive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im going to avoid answering this question.
I did not notice that there was only 7 servings in a tub. I thought it was the same price as the one I was wanting from HSN for at least half the amount of servings. I agree, this is insanely expensive. But, I will need to read a ton of reviews and get some proven facts that are not on the website before I can make a decision.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:56 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
I did not notice that there was only 7 servings in a tub. I thought it was the same price as the one I was wanting from HSN for at least half the amount of servings. I agree, this is insanely expensive. But, I will need to read a ton of reviews and get some proven facts that are not on the website before I can make a decision.
amazon has a lot of positive reviews for the product. there are a lot of people out there gullible enough to pay that price for little actual benefit. like i said, go to trueprotein and get an mrp there and add the vitamin mix. that will cost you about $11 a pound. should satisfy your desperate need to spend money on a decent mrp.

True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

Old 06-28-2011, 03:04 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
amazon has a lot of positive reviews for the product. there are a lot of people out there gullible enough to pay that price for little actual benefit. like i said, go to trueprotein and get an mrp there and add the vitamin mix. that will cost you about $11 a pound. should satisfy your desperate need to spend money on a decent mrp.

True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements
Hmmm...now you have me wanting to price up a homemade mix. There is more than protein and vitamins in there.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Well, I am ordering a single serving just to see what it's like. I will have to experience this for myself and I will let you know what I think!

Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Lifestyles View Post
BREAKFAST

Andrew Lessman Secure Complete Meal Replacement Shake ~ 2 servings

Start by throwing this in the garbage where it belongs. Have you read the ingredient list? Here....

[SIZE=3]Secure Vanilla[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Complex (Isolated Soy Protein, Whey Protein), Fructose, Non-dairy Creamer, Fibersolâ„¢, Calcium Citrate, Calcium Citrate Malate, Natural & Artificial Flavors. Contains 2 Percent or less of: Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Ascorbate, Mixed Tocopherols, Acesulfame Potassium (non-nutritive sweetener), Sucralose (non-nutritive sweetener), d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Citrate, Iron Sulfate, Molybdenum Glycinate, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Manganese Citrate, Copper Citrate, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Chromium Nicotinate, Potassium Borate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vanadyl Sulfate. Contains milk and soy[/SIZE]

You would be infinitely better off preparing a green smoothie for breakfast (preferably made with organic fruits and vegetables).

non-dairy creamer? seriously?????

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-28-2011, 03:20 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Start by throwing this in the garbage where it belongs. Have you read the ingredient list? Here....

[SIZE=3]Secure Vanilla[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Complex (Isolated Soy Protein, Whey Protein), Fructose, Non-dairy Creamer, Fibersolâ„¢, Calcium Citrate, Calcium Citrate Malate, Natural & Artificial Flavors. Contains 2 Percent or less of: Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Ascorbate, Mixed Tocopherols, Acesulfame Potassium (non-nutritive sweetener), Sucralose (non-nutritive sweetener), d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Citrate, Iron Sulfate, Molybdenum Glycinate, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Manganese Citrate, Copper Citrate, [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Chromium Nicotinate, Potassium Borate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Vanadyl Sulfate. Contains milk and soy[/SIZE]

You would be infinitely better off preparing a green smoothie for breakfast (preferably made with organic fruits and vegetables).

non-dairy creamer? seriously?????

20yrsinBranson
I totally agree with you on this. That stuff is garbage. I'll just stick with my Optimum Nutrition Whey protein and Cell-Tech.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:58 PM

OK, to me it's not all about protein. I am trying to reflect a healthy and radiant 23 year old man. I'm trying to do a lot more than gain muscle!

Besides, their are discount websites out there that offer pretty exceptional deals. Needless to say I found 10 packets of these for $28.00. You can use just 1 packet or use 2. If I decide to use these, I will just have 1 packet every morning on its own to give me a complete boost of energy, enhanced mood and all over radiance. That's less than $85 a month.

Gotta think smart, look into available options and hunt for deals!

Old 06-28-2011, 03:59 PM

... Especially when it comes to luxury products! ....

Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Optimum Nutrition Whey, GNC Mega-man multi vitamin, a balanced nutrition plan (i.e., NOT A DIET), Clinique or L'Occitane skincare and a vigorous exercise routine will get you exaclty what you want - to be Radiant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness