Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times

Advertisements

What's the best kind of underwear to run in for guys? Boxers lack support and I don't want to be flopping around. Briefs are so uncomfortable and boxer briefs are just as uncomfortable. Is there anything out there specifically for running in that I can look for? I'm thinking of just wearing boxers and not care about flopping around. It might look weird but at least I won't be in pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
LOL @ this thread. Im sure that is a personal preference. Find what works best for you and get out there and run.

I do cotton briefs and CW/X stabilyx athletic tights.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL @ this thread. Im sure that is a personal preference. Find what works best for you and get out there and run.

I do cotton briefs and CW/X stabilyx athletic tights.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try that out. Over the weekend I went running in a pair of briefs and 5 minutes into my run I felt like my balls were in my throat.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:53 PM

295 posts, read 1,450,498 times
This topic is my life's bane. I hate companies that make shorts these days. It USED to be that running shorts had decent liners in them, and an interior key pocket, and exterior pockets for an ID or small amount of money. Now, you have to go to a hundred sports stores to find a pair of shorts that has a decent liner. They are usually the short-short kinds too, which might get you laughed off of the streets these days. Undergear and Nike are trying to make a buck by separating the liner from the shorts, which is horrible, because the liners are very restrictive, and smush your giblets in a knot. This year I was finally able to find one pair of decent shorts with a decent liner and interior/exterior pockets (Undergear) - after about five years of crappy options. Road Runner Sports used to have the best shorts with a liner, but have since discontinued them.

I never liked running in cotton briefs, as they got sopping wet and uncomfortable. I don't like the boxer-briefs, as they don't allow for much control, and my franks-n-beans always ended up in an uncomfortable position. I can't stand going commando when I run, because I feel like a bra-less woman looks when she is running...
..all over the place.

My recommendation is to find a pair of running shorts that has a decent liner in them. Don't get swim trunks with the mesh liner. That is a rash waiting to happen.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 PM

608 posts, read 1,708,678 times
I wear Under Armour shorts without any underwear while running. They're very comfortable and they provide the needed support.

My pair is long enough and clenches to my skin close enough so that I don't have to worry about anyone catching a peek of anything accidentally. I've even biked on them before and not had any issue.

I'm not sure of the exact product name, but glancing around on UA's website, these shorts look like the pair I own.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks guys. I'll look for running shorts with a liner. I just hope that when I'm stretching and doing leg exercises post run I'm not exposing anything that people around me don't want to see.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:05 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,501,915 times
+1 to running shorts with a liner. Compression shorts if you can't find shorts with the liner.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,768,819 times
I picked up s aPair of shorts from Old Navy beleive it or not, not realizing they had a liner and they have worked out great with no underwear. They are a touch short but not too bad. THey were 10 bucks, but this was a while back. Its possible they do not have them now due to season change. Otherwise, I wear your typical Russel/ Champion/Nike workout shorts with some Champion boxer briefs I got at BJs that seem to do the trick.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Me personally, I would NEVER wear running shorts. I picture the short shorts that old creepy dudes who do speed walking wear through the neighborhood. Plus, they seem so short and loose fitting that I just know my "business" would be sticking out for all to see.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:12 AM

19,722 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Thong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness