Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,285,398 times

Advertisements

Seems to me there a Lot of Sugar & Corn [which is Natural Sugar] In all that Moonshine! Gee Folks Where do you thing Booze comes from DUH!

Sugar is Quick Burn BUT Fruits & Veggies are Slow burn! Meaning No Quick Highs & No Sudden Drops in Energy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 02:52 PM

1,959 posts, read 3,101,043 times
Depend on how much you exercise. Do a professional ballet class 3+ times a week and you can eat anything you want.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:57 PM

8 posts, read 20,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
There's a lot of food Nazi sentiment here. I eat junk food constantly because it tastes good to me and it's nerver adversely affected my training. I run 70 miles a week in addition to all sorts of other exercise. My resting pulse is 45, and I weigh what I weighed when I was in HS. I am very fit and laugh at all the people here who drone on, "you can't be fit without a clean diet." Obviously these people don't run marathons or attend them. We marathoners are notorious junk food lovers (and beer lovers).

Bottom line: if you exercise 2-3 hours a day like I do, you can eat sugar, pizza, chocolate and enjoy life. Give me ice cream over cauliflower. I don't tell anyone else how to eat or look down my nose on other people's dietary choices, but others here do this on a consistent basis.
That's because it's all about calories...you can eat junk all day long, as long as you meet your caloric intake. But if you choose healthy foods, more food is allotted,of course. And you need exercise, regardless, for your health /heart and to tone up. If you are exercising 2 hours a day, I would consume about 1700 calories a day to lose around 2 lbs, weekly.
Good luck!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
it would be nice to add in 2 hours more exercise per day and add another 1,000 calories a day of ice cream, reeses peanut butter cups and cupcakes.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM

181 posts, read 499,518 times
I should have stated earlier, I'm a guy and I'm 22.

Also, let me just say this. In no way do I want to become a health-nut, going on a strict diet and excersizing non-stop. I'm not obese, I'm probably classified as average weight. So there's really no urgency.

I've just realized that my diet is quite atrocious, and I would prefer to eat healthier without having to do anything radical. I'm trying to limit my sugar intake to only 50 grams per day. Because honestly, cutting it out completely seems virtually impossible.

I will say though excerisizing for 3 hours a day seems extreme to me. That doesn't seem ordinary to me, seeing as there are only so many hours in the day.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 PM

7,118 posts, read 12,659,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
because sugar is a toxin... just like alcohol.

watch this clip:

Sugar: The Bitter Truth- March 24, 2011 - YouTube
Thanks so much for posting this clip--that was so eye-opening...and in my mind, answers the question, once and for all, of Why Are We So Fat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness