Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times

Advertisements

I eat really well (fiber, protein, some carbs) and work out 3-5 times a week. I do Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack and some of her other stuff and run on the treadmill at an incline. I don't drink soda or juices, only water most of the time. But I'm still not happy with the way my belly looks. If I suck it in, that's the way I want it to look. Right now, there's a little belly still protruding. How can I get it to be even flatter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
I eat really well (fiber, protein, some carbs) and work out 3-5 times a week. I do Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack and some of her other stuff and run on the treadmill at an incline. I don't drink soda or juices, only water most of the time. But I'm still not happy with the way my belly looks. If I suck it in, that's the way I want it to look. Right now, there's a little belly still protruding. How can I get it to be even flatter?
Kudos on all that hard work! My fitness trainer puts me through a daily 15 minute ab routine that targets the obliques, the upper and the lower abdominals in addition to some of that tough cardio you describe. The Flat Belly Diet is a book I like to use more as a general guide than a strict reference in my quest for the six pack abs--carbonated beverages are definitely a no-no, so its good you're avoiding that.

Even with all this effort and work. The size and shape of the abdominal muscles are determined by genetics. Just concentrate on looking the best YOU can look.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:51 AM

252 posts, read 459,340 times
Quote:
Start lifting weight and work on different body part with 20-30 min cardio,

If you are eating right food you will see results in 4 to 8 weeks.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM

355 posts, read 1,115,753 times
Default Belly Fat

Sprints or plyometrics. If that's too strenuous/difficult, I'd incorporate a 30 min run around the neighborhood at least 2x per week.

Oh, and PUSH YOURSELF - a well-defined ab region takes a LOT of work.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,752,695 times
Try doing intervals with your cardio. You can't spot train by doing ab exercises.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Try doing intervals with your cardio. You can't spot train by doing ab exercises.

Bolded for truth.

The fat on your belly is bodyfat. Period. You want it to go away? You have to reduce your overall bodyfat percentage. This is going to be far more connected to your diet than your exercise, assuming you aren't a pro athelete that trains for 6-8hrs/day.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:53 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Just suck it in all the time and no one will know the difference!

Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Just suck it in all the time and no one will know the difference!
Ding-ding-ding BEST ANSWER!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:12 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPECELP View Post
Sprints or plyometrics.
Definitely agree. The key to both of these is speed. Speed is what separates lean bodies from flabby ones, whether it be running fast or jumping.

Box jumps are my favorite plyometric movement, and jumping, in general, is totally underrated when it comes to fat loss. First of all, jumping is a speed movement, you don't jump on top of something slowly. Second, the ability to get your entire body off the ground is hard work, and hard work equals results, equals a lighter/leaner body.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 AM

97 posts, read 279,376 times
Insanity and/or Asylum from Shaun T will get the job done if you put in the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness