Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:47 PM

129 posts, read 250,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
I hate when I am at the gym and see guys come in groups and stand around the equipment taking turns and talking. Seems like douchebag behavior to me.
this is annoying, and people who walk right in front of you while lifting. i have no problems calling them out on it either. throws off your concentration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 01:37 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Lol, I feel soo much better now, after reading through the last few pages of this thread.
I actually went to join a fitness club this morning- but I looked around,
and the people there just seemed to fit a lot of these REALLY annoying descriptions.
So, I left, deciding I'm going to have to buy some equipment for working out privately

Old 01-23-2014, 02:00 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Today was so crowded at the Gym, I was only able to complete 6 workout exercises instead of my usual 8 and had to tone down the number of repetitions because of so many people waiting. A failed workout which ended making me rush miserably for class . Should plan a different time. I only did 6 exercises in 42 minutes with an average of just 14 repetitions per set . That sucks by my standards.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:42 AM

361 posts, read 725,314 times
Guys who won't stop staring even after you turn around a face them. That's totally rude. And creepy. A glance is fine , but a blatant stare is a bit much. If you have something to say to the lady, just approach her and say it. That's what adults do.

On a side note, a couple of days ago I saw a guy wearing scrubs and pulling weights. I've always wondered why they feel they have to wear that everywhere. That was just wrong IMO.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:25 PM

803 posts, read 1,668,525 times
The personal trainers checking me out. Stop being such a distraction, ladies!

Old 01-24-2014, 02:27 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,857 times
I have one for you; how about the guy or girl who sets a barbell up on a squat rack, does one set and then walks away completely out of sight for about ten minutes and then comes back all of a sudden and still expects the barbell and squat rack to still be there just the way they left it waiting for them to take their sweet a.. time coming back to use it for another lousy set?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:13 PM

9,533 posts, read 16,525,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol, I feel soo much better now, after reading through the last few pages of this thread.
I actually went to join a fitness club this morning- but I looked around,
and the people there just seemed to fit a lot of these REALLY annoying descriptions.
So, I left, deciding I'm going to have to buy some equipment for working out privately
I can understand what you mean, and I don't blame you one bit. The descriptions on this forum are pretty accurate. Gyms can vary from one to the other, now and then you can find a decent one. The problems seems to stem from what type of clientele the gym attracks. Its hit or miss on that one. What is really sad are the behaviors we see in gyms of today. Complete disrespect for people. Lack of proper hygiene when using equipment, such as wiping it down after use and removing the weights. Just an overall reflection of how people's behaviors, in public places have deteriorated in our culture. A gym is suppose to be a place to exercise our body and relieve stress. Sadly I think for many people now days, going to the gyms has become very stressful. Its not the exercise that causes the stress, its the annoying people in the gyms.

It doesn't have to be the misery it has become at todays gyms, and I blame management for much of the problems. Then again perhaps gym management feel, if they say much about the trash in some of these gyms. They will lose members. Everything is money.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:13 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,137,919 times
There is a stretching machine/station at my gym. I was using it and had been on it for a few minutes with no one in sight, no one hovering looking like they wanted to use it. I started into another stretch and was going to hold it for 30 seconds.

As I was 15 seconds into the 30 seconds, an extremely in-shape Russian or Eastern European woman who looked like she could be a fitness model came up to me and made a "little bit" motion with her hand (the way you would hold your hand to describe an inch) and said "can I just use this for 30 seconds," using the hand motion, I guess, to show how short HER 30 seconds would be. I was surprised, but figured I could make this my last stretch. However, I wasn't about to get right off and not finish my final 10 seconds. So I said, yes, I will be done in 10 seconds.

So what does she do but say nothing, turn on her heel, and walk back over to the free weights area as if it was crime that she was being asked to wait 10 seconds. I guess it was beneath her to stand waiting for any machine whatsoever. If she's going to be all "fitness model" then I guess she can go pay for her own private gym.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:38 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,581,436 times
The woman that weighs about 86lbs and is going full force on an elliptical or treadmill. "Lady....what are u trying to accomplish!? You're about to evaporate! "

Old 01-28-2014, 07:59 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
I had a woman Stare at me for 2 whole minutes today at the gym .

There is nothing attractive in me that warrants that much looking. In my mind, No Abs or tough muscle = No reason for looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness