Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .......
A slice of cake 22 50.00%
Go hungry for 1.5 hrs 22 50.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:02 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,390,759 times

Advertisements

Going hungry for 1.5 hours never hurt anyone.

Like Bonnie, I normally carry nuts in my bag or a piece of fruit.

Eating a piece of cake with a hungry stomach would make me feel sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,423,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
And the only options you have is a slice of cake or go hungry for 1.5 hrs, what should I person who is on a workout plan do?

With the fact that my daily commute is around 3-4 hours per day, this scenario sometimes happens to me.

I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs and I'm trying to gain mass muscle.

Now this doesn't happen to me often. Just sometimes there aren't many food options and I have to choose between eating something fattening or not eating at all. I know some will say cook or bring snacks with me. And those are good options but like I said, sometimes you're in a jam and you're out of snacks or whatever.

Pick between these 2.
A person serious about their nutritional intake plan will ALWAYS prepare ahead of time. This is what you need to do if you are serious about maintaining your health/fitness/nutrition levels. 1.5 - 2 hrs one-way commute is common here in Los Angeles. People plan ahead for this scenario by having healthy snacks available, or they just wait until they get home to eat. As Hawaiiancoconut said, no one is going to go to the emergency room for not eating during that 1.5 hour commute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
1.5 hours of not eating isn't going to send anyone to the emergency room. If you have at least 1lb of fat on your body, you have 3500 extra calories to survive on for the next 90 mins.

Just say you want to eat that sweet piece of cake and we will all understand, Lol.

LOL.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:37 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,886 times
Quote:
And the only options you have is a slice of cake or go hungry for 1.5 hrs, what should I person who is on a workout plan do?

With the fact that my daily commute is around 3-4 hours per day, this scenario sometimes happens to me.

Now this doesn't happen to me often. Just sometimes there aren't many food options and I have to choose between eating something fattening or not eating at all. I know some will say cook or bring snacks with me. And those are good options but like I said, sometimes you're in a jam and you're out of snacks or whatever.

Pick between these 2.
None of the above. I always carry some granola or cereal bars with me for those emergency situations. If I somehow found myself with no snack and 1.5 hours to go and I was extremely hungry, I would have to eat the cake, because I get sick when my sugar gets too low. But then I'd probably get sick from eating the cake, too, so hopefully there would be something edible besides that available.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:43 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Did everyone miss this part?

Quote:
Dude is trying to bulk up. The correct answer is to eat the damn cake.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 AM

1,038 posts, read 903,232 times
Protein bars have preservatives, hidden sugar, high salt and originate on some food chemists drawing board.

Nuts - none of the above.

Nature has given us the Perfect Snack Food already without having to run it through dyes, food additives and syrup to make it all stick together!

Old 01-17-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Protein bars have preservatives, hidden sugar, high salt and originate on some food chemists drawing board.

Nuts - none of the above.

Nature has given us the Perfect Snack Food already without having to run it through dyes, food additives and syrup to make it all stick together!
Food Babe, is that you?

Old 01-17-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Did everyone miss this part?

Dude is trying to bulk up. The correct answer is to eat the damn cake.
The cake has pretty much 0 protein which is what aids "bulking" up in men.

The cake will give a Sugar High, nothing more - certainly not on any Weight Enthusiast list of Foods to Bulk Up unless of course the Bulk you mean is Fat.

In which case, eat all the cake you want.

For the rest of us, who wish to maintain a healthy weight and glucose level, or even Weight Enthusiasts who wish to bulk up =

THE CAKE IS NOT FOOD

The cake is toxic and pointless

Old 01-17-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
The cake has pretty much 0 protein which is what aids "bulking" up in men.
Wrong. Bulking (which is really just controlled weight gain) requires a caloric surplus. Training and protein are needed for muscle growth of course, but without the caloric surplus that can't happen.

Quote:
The cake will give a Sugar High, nothing more - certainly not on any Weight Enthusiast list of Foods to Bulk Up unless of course the Bulk you mean is Fat.

In which case, eat all the cake you want.

For the rest of us, who wish to maintain a healthy weight and glucose level, or even Weight Enthusiasts who wish to bulk up =

THE CAKE IS NOT FOOD

The cake is toxic and pointless
You definitely have to be Food Babe, or at least one of her readers...

Old 01-17-2016, 10:56 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,617 times
I pack individual packets of nut butters in my glove compartment and purse. They are not the best option but they are a good option if I'm short on time and very hungry. Dried fruit and jerky are also in my car.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Wrong. Bulking (which is really just controlled weight gain) requires a caloric surplus. Training and protein are needed for muscle growth of course, but without the caloric surplus that can't happen.

You definitely have to be Food Babe, or at least one of her readers...

oh of course, Arnold Schwarzenegger always ate cake.

come on dude, seriously?

weight trainers eat eggs, meat, loaves of bread, boxes of muesli, protein shakes<<<high protein calorific surplus

THEY DO NOT EAT CAKE <<<pointless empty energy

and whoever Food Babe is I don't know - could it be possible that 2 people in the Universe disagree with you?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness