Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 06:48 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times

Advertisements

I love working out. I work out about 5 days a week. I like go to the gym. There is one issue though. People that ride your ass at the gym when you are walking. I walk moderately fast paces, but every time I walk into the Gym. I always have some A-hole walking right up behind me all fast as if they were tail gating me in a car. Sometimes they are walking so fast behind me , I could hear them breath . In my mind I really want to turn around and say WHERE THE HELL IS THE FIRE? WHAT ARE YOU AMPED UP ON?

Usually I will just politely stop, turn around and have my hand for them to go. They usually look at me weird, but they get the point.

Last time I was going up the stairs and I had a girl riding so close to me that she actually tripped into my back.

Does this not happen to anyone ? What the hell is wrong with people? Anyone just feel like turning around and smacking them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 09:13 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,727 times
I don't like people following close behind me regardless of the situation. I usually just turn around so they can pass.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:18 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
Do what my friend used to do to me: back up so they hit you. Hahhaaa. Good times!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:22 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I love working out. I work out about 5 days a week. I like go to the gym. There is one issue though. People that ride your ass at the gym when you are walking. I walk moderately fast paces, but every time I walk into the Gym. I always have some A-hole walking right up behind me all fast as if they were tail gating me in a car. Sometimes they are walking so fast behind me , I could hear them breath . In my mind I really want to turn around and say WHERE THE HELL IS THE FIRE? WHAT ARE YOU AMPED UP ON?

Usually I will just politely stop, turn around and have my hand for them to go. They usually look at me weird, but they get the point.

Last time I was going up the stairs and I had a girl riding so close to me that she actually tripped into my back.

Does this not happen to anyone ? What the hell is wrong with people? Anyone just feel like turning around and smacking them?
If this always happens to you perhaps you are walking too slow. There is no need for people to be rude and ride up on others, but a lot of people that are going to the gym are fitting it in during their busy day and do not have a lot of time to spare.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:07 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Use a treadmill. Problem solved.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:31 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
I find that most people who go to gyms are more or less annoying.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:31 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,165 times
I second the treadmill option! I never have an issue with this at the gym I use because we only have treadmills as our walking option.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 PM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I find that most people who go to gyms are more or less annoying.

Fantastic observation. Wow.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:58 PM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post

I have this happen sometimes, I immediately let them pass. I've tripped/mis-stepped and had people bump into me from behind which is when something needs to be said. "whoa, back off" or "get yourself a cowbell" are good responses IMO. Never used the latter but it would work for sure.

Old 02-22-2016, 01:44 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,988,604 times
I think you have me mis-understood. I am not walking the hall ways for exercise. LOL i do weight training. Im 28 and fit. I walk fast. These people are just a-holes amped up on some pre workout or something. I walk a moderate pace. I am not a slow walker. It usually happens when I'm walking in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness