Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 06:39 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times

Advertisements

Having high-fiber Quaker oatmeal right now - yes, THAT oatmeal with the yummy sugar in it. But it is high fiber, so I heeded your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 07:36 PM

36 posts, read 32,627 times
I am sure someone will yell at me about fake sugar and I will be getting Cancer any day now. But this is my oatmeal. I make it and eat 10 ounces of it a day.

3 1/4 Cup Water bring to boil
Add 2 cups Quaker Old Fashion Oats and cook for 5 mins
Add 1/4 cup of Great Value Sugar Free Syrup (tastes just like the real thing to me)
Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Add 3 table spoons brown sugar

Yummy I get lower calorie Brown Sugar and Syrup Oatmeal.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:43 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epson Exile View Post
I am sure someone will yell at me about fake sugar and I will be getting Cancer any day now. But this is my oatmeal. I make it and eat 10 ounces of it a day.

3 1/4 Cup Water bring to boil
Add 2 cups Quaker Old Fashion Oats and cook for 5 mins
Add 1/4 cup of Great Value Sugar Free Syrup (tastes just like the real thing to me)
Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Add 3 table spoons brown sugar

Yummy I get lower calorie Brown Sugar and Syrup Oatmeal.
Pure cane turbinado as well. Honey, another good sweetener.

I prefer spicy to sweet, just giving other alternatives while NOT disagreeing.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:49 AM

35 posts, read 28,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post

B:
4 tbsp. of creamer in my coffee
2 eggs, cooked in 1 tsp of olive oil
4 pieces of bacon (where is this bacon sourced from?)
provolone cheese
Add 1 cup of organic spinach and 1 organic Apple

L: tuna sandwich, with 1 tbsp. of mayo
Make this meal a tuna salad, cut out the bread and mayo

Tuna+Diced Tomatoes+Shredded Carrots+Mashed Avocado+Cucumber
Season with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Paprika

Add a piece of fruit or Sweet potato with this meal

D: chicken thigh, with skin, baked
zucchini, steamed

S: bread with about 1 1/2 tbsp. of peanut butter
S: greek yogurt

Instead of this snack, have your dinner meal again

That's just an example of what I know I should eat, I eat very unconventionally most of the time, like peanut butter on bread for my dinner only.

I'd invite you to have the peanut butter on an apple instead of bread and have it in the morning. Make sure you're using natural organic peanut butter. I'd also invite you to experiment with almond butter.

Sometimes I might have a salad but they get old quick.

What about the salad becomes old quick to you?

I go to friend's houses and if they serve pork, chicken, chorizo, I eat whatever they serve. I like baked potato with avocado. But I don't end up eating it a lot. I wish I would.

Why don't you eat baked potato and avocado?

Current gym routine (which really isn't routine, because I only go when I feel like it which isn't on a regular basis):

How many days of the week would you be able to realistically go to the gym?

Elliptical 20-30 minutes

Lower body or upper body on machines: If lower body, then hip abductor/adductor machine, 115 lbs., 12 reps, 3 sets.
Leg extension, I think it's called, up, and down, about 50 lbs., 12 reps, 3 sets.
Calve extender, 40 lbs., 12 reps, 3 sets
The one where you sit back and push up weight with your legs - 90 lbs., 3 sets, 12 reps
It's clear to me why you're not seeing the results you desire. This is great news. I'll add in small tweaks to not overwhelm you.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Didn't say I wanted to get healthy, said I wanted to get into a size 8.
I'd invite you to consider becoming healthy to fit into a size 8.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:03 AM

B:
4 pieces of bacon (where is this bacon sourced from?) --- A PIG??
provolone cheese
Add 1 cup of organic spinach and 1 organic Apple --- SORRY, DESPISE FRUIT

L: tuna sandwich, with 1 tbsp. of mayo
Make this meal a tuna salad, cut out the bread and mayo

Tuna+Diced Tomatoes+Shredded Carrots+Mashed Avocado+Cucumber
Season with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt, Pepper, Paprika --- OK, I'LL THINK ABOUT IT.

Add a piece of fruit or Sweet potato with this meal --- SEE ABOVE.

D: chicken thigh, with skin, baked
zucchini, steamed

S: bread with about 1 1/2 tbsp. of peanut butter
S: greek yogurt

Instead of this snack, have your dinner meal again --- WHAT'S WRONG WITH GREEK YOGURT? IT'S VERY HIGH IN PROTEIN.

That's just an example of what I know I should eat, I eat very unconventionally most of the time, like peanut butter on bread for my dinner only.

I'd invite you to have the peanut butter on an apple instead of bread and have it in the morning. Make sure you're using natural organic peanut butter. I'd also invite you to experiment with almond butter. --- EXPERIMENTED WITH ALMOND BUTTER -- HAATEDDD IT....

Sometimes I might have a salad but they get old quick.

What about the salad becomes old quick to you? ---- IT'S NOT THAT EXCITING, IT'S NOT ORGASMICALLY DELICIOUS

I go to friend's houses and if they serve pork, chicken, chorizo, I eat whatever they serve. I like baked potato with avocado. But I don't end up eating it a lot. I wish I would.

Why don't you eat baked potato and avocado? -- BECAUSE HONESTLY, IT'S RATHER BLAND.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
B:
4 pieces of bacon (where is this bacon sourced from?) --- A PIG??
provolone cheese
Add 1 cup of organic spinach and 1 organic Apple --- SORRY, DESPISE FRUIT
You might consider investigating more into that pig, where it came from, what conditions it lived in, what it ate, was it treated with antibiotics, growth hormones? You could explore having a potato instead of fruit. 1000's of fruits exist, which ones do you despise in particular? What was your experience with said fruits that lead to you despising them?

Quote:

Instead of this snack, have your dinner meal again --- WHAT'S WRONG WITH GREEK YOGURT? IT'S VERY HIGH IN PROTEIN.
Most Greek Yogurt is produced from the milk of conventionally (fed on cheap grains, saw dust, crowded stressful living conditions, injected with a wide spectrum of antibiotics, steroids and growth hormones) raised cows. Then the yogurt is mixed with all sorts of additives... preservatives, "natural" flavors, sweeteners and dyes. This results in a low quality product. If you're able to source your greek yogurt from a reputable source this would change things a lot (assuming your a person that can consume dairy without problems)

It's interesting observing the language you use to describe food, "DESPISE" "HATE" "BORING". What was your childhood like with food?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longevity100 View Post
You might consider investigating more into that pig, where it came from, what conditions it lived in, what it ate, was it treated with antibiotics, growth hormones? You could explore having a potato instead of fruit. 1000's of fruits exist, which ones do you despise in particular? What was your experience with said fruits that lead to you despising them?

It's interesting observing the language you use to describe food, "DESPISE" "HATE" "BORING". What was your childhood like with food?
My childhood was just fine. Fruits just do not taste good. Oranges, apples, grapes, mangos, peaches, etc.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:21 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,742,996 times
To lose weight the right way it comes down to simple mathematical equation = you must burn more calories then you are taking in.

There is no magic pill- spell etc. you will need to do cardio and some muscle build but mostly cardio and STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR!!! You should loose an average of 2 pounds a week. Good Luck

Old 03-24-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
To lose weight the right way it comes down to simple mathematical equation = you must burn more calories then you are taking in.

There is no magic pill- spell etc. you will need to do cardio and some muscle build but mostly cardio and STAY AWAY FROM SUGAR!!! You should loose an average of 2 pounds a week. Good Luck
If this was directed at me, I know there's no magic pill. I spend my days telling that to everyone on Facebook. This post was created because I was told that in order to eat a little more I should build muscle. I now know it's pretty inconsequential, but that doing cardio and weight training is always a good idea and will help a little, along with calorie counting.

I also know that LOSING two pounds a week would require very hard work and a 1,000 caloric deficit per day. That is NOT going to happen in my world.

Stay away from sugar? I'll try, but I really do love it. I will try to control myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness