Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 05:37 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
So why do you ask here then?

If it looks like your drawing, it definitely isnt fat so you should go have that checked by a doctor.
Yeah, that lump in the drawing looks nefarious. If it wasn't there before the weight loss, Id definitely get it checked out, OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 05:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Dermatologist remove cysts and lipoma among other things on a daily basis so your choice is to see a phyician or a dermatologist.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:25 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
I agree....see a doctor. That looks unusual. Fatty lipomas are common and usually not dangerous medically. But they can be removed.

If that's not what those lumps are, liposuction or something cosmetically more invasive may be the best path. People have fat cells in different places on their body. Even if a person shrinks, the fat cells in that area (say, the abdomen) will still be disproportionate to the rest of the body. There are just more fat cells there. The only thing to reduce the fat there to make it more like the fat cells in the rest of the body is to remove some of them.

There may be alternatives to liposuction, now. I've heard of thermogenics or something. There are issues with liposuction, though. If you have fat removed, the skin should shrink (if you're young enough and skin is elastic), but could leave you with cellulite or bumpy appearance. But that part of the body will still look slimmer, and cellulite doesn't show under clothing.

Exercise can't take away spots of fat. But you can increase the muscle tone in areas, which helps.

There is also the thing that...if a person has stubborn fat in one area (with me, it's the abdomen), that may be the LAST fat that goes away, when losing weight. When I lose weight, I lose weight all over, but my abdomen still stays a little fatty until I lose MORE weight (at which point people may comment that my face looks thin).

But this doesn't seem to be the case with you. Fatty thighs usually bulge out at the sides, or insides. See what a doctor says (as embarrassing as that may be).

Old 03-25-2016, 09:32 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Here you go. I found this on the internet. A girl who seems to have a similar problem. It's a weight lifting/body building site. The posters are all telling her the problem is NOT ENOUGH MUSCLE to support everything back there. They call it skinny-fat. Thin, but not enough muscle. Solution: Heavy lifting. Not Brazilian Butt workout or walking. Weights. Squats with weights. Upper body, too.

under butt? - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Old 03-25-2016, 09:41 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,090,914 times
I'm not a doctor, and if you want total ease of mind, I think you should see one. But based on what you've told us, I wouldn't worry too much. When the bulges are matching (both legs are identical) then it's probably some weird fat collection, like bpollen suggests. Your body just likes to have more fat there, would be my guess.

Old 03-26-2016, 08:26 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I'm not a doctor, and if you want total ease of mind, I think you should see one. But based on what you've told us, I wouldn't worry too much. When the bulges are matching (both legs are identical) then it's probably some weird fat collection, like bpollen suggests. Your body just likes to have more fat there, would be my guess.
Yes, if it is the same on both legs I agree with this^^^. If it is a lump on ONE leg only, you need to see a doctor. If it is a collection of fat, I don't think even lifting "heavy" will help much. Our bodies collect fat where they like to collect fat. For me it's my abdomen, especially now that I am in my 60s.

Old 03-26-2016, 05:39 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
could be a lipoma which is a benign fatty tumor. Dermatologist is zero help for that. See your PCP first.
That is what I was thinking. My brother had on one on his shoulder blade. Easily removed.

Old 07-29-2019, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,211 times
Hum, interesting! Exactly like mine! Which I am thinking has to do with my bodies natural plan because for example my whole life when I loose weight my body re adjusts accordingly. First the weight gomes off my butt while My arms and face stay chubby then after a period of time as long as I maintain the weight loss the weight slowly shifts and my butt grows a little and arms thin a little. So I thought my body having its own fat distribution plan reguardless of my wishes or efforts must be at play! So, this is what I thought of when I resently experienced this thigh phenomina!
That being said, I have been sick and had to quit excercising, I have
Lost 50 lbs since I stopped excercising and had to stop eating healthy veggies and proteins like nuts and lean meats because it is making me nauseous. That being said; All these years of excersise and eating and stopping causes me to loose 50 lbs.
Now that I can't hardly exercise without vomiting and I've increased my carbs and milk because they keep everything down. Anyways the only good has been my clothes fitting looser. I tried on a pair of stretch pants that were a little tight before and now they fit perfectly but I noticed the shape of my thighs are different. They are thinner but not in that spot. Apparently my plan says this is a stubborn part that does not go no matter what!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness