Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 04:54 PM

34 posts, read 28,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Youtube has several fitness type folks who talk about macros....the breakdown of protein, carbs, fats that people should eat in a day. If you're seriously interested in transforming your body, you'll have to focus on your nutrients. I think you'll find your calories are very high and you won't lose body weight without reducing your cals - probably from carbs (ice cream, chocolate, peanut butter cups, and pasta/macaroni).....I love that as well.

I drank diet cokes for 30 yrs.....I gave it up probably 5-6 months ago. Started drinking water w/ lime or lemon. I don't know the exact reason, but I think the diet cokes added to my midsection/gut.....if possible, read up about diet soda. You'd think it was a good substitute for regular soda/coke. I do drink black coffee for the caffeine that I used to get from Diet Coke (to wake me up).....
I'll check out Youtube. It's gonna be hard for me giving up the ice cream and chocolate and I take cream and sugar in my coffee, Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 05:01 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Did you say you eat 3-gallons of ice-cream a week.....I would work on THAT first and foremost.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:02 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShirleyEllis View Post
Would you suggest walking daily or every other day?
I walk 6 days a week. 5 miles each outing.
  • I started out doing 7 days and my shins were killing me.
  • I then stopped for a while and when I started again, this time only walking every other day. I started having what my doctor said were plantar problems (I'm not sure that is what it was) and that put me out for a couple months while I waited to heal.
  • So, eventually I started walking again, but only once every 3 days. I did that for about 3 months, and then added another day so I was walking 2 out of 4 days again; 3 or 4 out of 7. I did that for about 3 months.
  • In November I increased back to 6 out of 7 days again and have been doing that since - with no pain.

Be sure to:
  • Get good shoes; and just as important, good socks. Socks can be great for adjusting the fit of your shoes.
  • Stretch before working out.
  • Rest if you are feeling any real pain.

Get some good music to distract you and if you can find a walking partner - better, because walking an hour and a half a day can be tedious without someone to talk to as you go.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 01-15-2018 at 05:15 PM..

Old 01-15-2018, 05:04 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Changing one's physique has to be done for only one person: yourself.

But w/ two children, you'll be setting a good example for them.....and perhaps get them on the right track in their childhood....a lot of our eating habits come from what Mom and Dad put on the table or allow them to eat.

Seeing Mom being physically fit will go a long way for them and their lives....

Old 01-15-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Did you say you eat 3-gallons of ice-cream a week.....I would work on THAT first and foremost.
Yeah, I know that's a lot, LOL but it's the truth between 2 and 3 and I desperately need to do better.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Craving Ice Cream? 3 Healthy Alternatives
https://www.fitday.com/fitness-artic...thier-gut.html

Old 01-15-2018, 05:08 PM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...se-678351.html

This poster has done a lot in her transformation and posts here a lot. Maybe she'll give you some hints - she has a lot of good ideas. She's posted a few pictures of herself on her profile.

Old 01-15-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I walk 6 days a week. 5 miles.
  • I started out doing 7 days and my shins were killing me.
  • I then stopped for a while and when I started again, this time only walking every other day. I started having plantar problems and that put me out for a couple months while I waited to heal.
  • So, eventually I started walking again, but only once every 3 days. I did that for about 3 months, and then added another day so I was walking 2 out of 4 days again; 3 or 4 out of 7. I did that for about 3 months.
  • In November I increased back to 6 out of 7 days again and have been doing that since - with no pain.

Be sure to:
  • Get good shoes; and just as important, good socks.
  • Stretch before working out.
  • Rest of you are feeling any real pain.

Get some good music to distract you and if you can find a walking partner - better, because walking an hour and a half a day can be tedious without someone to talk to as you go.
Thanks! That's a great template for me to use starting out. I've got the music covered but the walking partnerthat's another storymaybe I'll ask hubby

Old 01-15-2018, 05:18 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
3 GALLONS of ice cream a week? You ever checked your blood sugar? You know that diabetes is pandemic in African Americans?

Old 01-15-2018, 05:20 PM

19,024 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Ok, so here's the thing.
1. It all starts with your diet.
2. If, and only IF that is your actual picture, say, you will succeed. Toned, slimmed, all that. What exactly will you do with all the loose skin left after?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness