Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:02 AM

34 posts, read 28,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Craving Ice Cream? 3 Healthy Alternatives
https://www.fitday.com/fitness-artic...thier-gut.html
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Yes - I'm afraid she's setting herself up w/ some issues (Diabetes, hypertension). If she gets on top of this at her age, she can prevent a lot of health problems in her middle age and beyond.

Usually there's a reason for eating large quantity of sweets and fast foods. Instant satiety or response to anxiety/stress......having substitutes readily available helps.....exercise activities is another good substitute for anxiety/stress.

Hate to sound preachy.
I know a lot of it is stress

Old 01-16-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
OP: I think you are beautiful.
Thank you so much!

Old 01-16-2018, 07:34 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Seriously people...troll thread.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Yes, same here. Very beautiful.

Another option is to use fitness equipment if you have access to treadmills or elliptical. Lots of folks use these instead of going outdoors if you're in the colder country. Some YMCAs or fitness centers have them as well as group fitness classes.
Would it be worth it to join a gym. Rrates are pretty cheap now a days.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
I'm 58 and have lost about 75 lbs. over the past 3 years. My skin has retracted (shrunk). She is much younger and her skin should be far more resilient than mine is.
Thanks for the compliment and assuming that I am much younger. Fortunately, I am younger but probably not as much as you think, Lol

Old 01-16-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
OP do you also work a desk job?
More or less.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
Diet is going to be crucial. We all have our weaknesses (mine was Dr. Pepper!). It won't be easy, but if you want it bad enough, you can do it. If I don't have it in the house, I can't eat/drink it, so I rarely buy any sweets or junk.

I really enjoy HIIT for cardio and you can find so many free videos on youtube that will guide you through things you can do right from home. I also like to do pop pilates workouts and she even creates free monthly workout calendars to follow. It worked for me, but everybody is different.

You're gorgeous, btw! Good luck with your journey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2jill_Lf0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhxwCPwCrOQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK72EKtdPkQ
Thanks for the advice and you're so right. If you don't have it in the house you won't eat/crave it.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:50 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,645,497 times
If that's a real picture---your only problem is thighs. The rest of you looks ideal. Spot reducing is known to not really work.

Liposuction would be perfect for that body type.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Good lesson from blktoptrvl's experience. Fitness needs to be approached gradually, especially when you're first getting into shape. It needs to become a way of life. Getting exercise for a while and then falling back into sedentary habits will mean that you'll go back to being out of shape just as your condition starts to improve some.

The idea of doing this for life does not have to be scary. You can benefit greatly from physical activity without becoming a hardcore fitness buff. If eventually you'd like to do more intense workouts, that's great, but it's not absolutely necessary. Fitness is not all-or-nothing, and moderate exercise is waaaay better than none at all. It's your choice.

Keeping in mind the advantage of the gradual approach, I think the answer to your question about whether to walk every day or every other day is that every other day would be better to start with. Maybe start walking a half an hour each time. Aim to very gradually pick up the amount of walking each time out and/or the frequency of your walks.

Aim to increase a little bit every week. If there's a week when your body tells you not to do any more than the week before--say you're feeling kind of sluggish and heavy--just stay where you were the week before. Stay at that level until you feel fresh again and lose the sluggish feeling. Even if you don't advance every week, do aim to gradually increase your walking over the long haul.

Notice that even after gradually working up to longer walks, blktoptrvl's still walks only six days a week. It's a good idea to take a day or two off from exercise each week. Give the body a break from time to time.

I think the idea is not to give up sweets altogether if you find that difficult. Cutting down would be really good. A modest amount of ice cream as a treat a couple of times a week would be much better than two or three gallons a week.

Do you think you could leave the cream and sugar out of the coffee? Maybe black coffee is an acquired taste. Not sure, but that's the only way I drink coffee. To me a good hot mug of straight black coffee is one of life's great simple pleasures. Maybe you could give it a try. For sure it would be better than coffee with cream and sugar as far as health is concerned.
Yeah, I know I need to cut waaaay back on the ice cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness