Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 11:16 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,788,645 times

Advertisements

There is a Plastic Surgery forum that I am a member of and there are women who will pay to look like the OP : With the tinier waist, curvy hips and some even add butt*** implants to complete the look. OP looks good naturally, as a woman with definite curves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 03:13 PM

45,706 posts, read 27,325,537 times
Put me in the troll thread category.

1- I can't see having two kids and having those proportions. Maybe one, but not two. And if you have two kids and look like that - you have been working your body in certain areas already.

2- If your "hubby" is black, my guess is that he is not going to want you to do anything to change anything.

If you truly want to lose, it's all about your diet. Exercise may burn some calories, but it just moves around what you have eaten - unless you go extreme.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:54 PM

19,107 posts, read 27,710,534 times
OP, I could swear I walked behind you today. Swedish Cherry Hill James Tower. I even looked at the front... Hair do was a bit different laid but that's technicalities. I could swear.. Almost tapped you on the shoulder.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:10 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,646,278 times
It's always astonishing to me how attractive some people actually are on here and how brave for posting their pictures.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:32 PM

34 posts, read 28,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Liposuction would be perfect for that body type.
Not really up for that.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
There is a Plastic Surgery forum that I am a member of and there are women who will pay to look like the OP : With the tinier waist, curvy hips and some even add butt*** implants to complete the look. OP looks good naturally, as a woman with definite curves.
Thanks for the compliment but I know I definitely need to tone up. Truthfully though, I do tend to get a lot of looks from guys other than my husband.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:30 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,526,540 times
Nature was VERY kind as to where it chose as a "problem" area with you, especially if you are an over 40 woman who has birthed multiple children. When I gained weight after two kids, I didn't just gain in my hips and boobs. If it did, I might have thought twice about losing weight

I'm a forty plus mother of two also. I'd say that any excess weight gets deposited at your thighs, as you already know. A smaller waist and larger hips is a good thing but you don't want to have a "saddle bag look". That's going to have to be solved by a combination of diet and exercise (particularly cardio, to start burning the fat). There's no way around it, you're going to have to revamp your diet. Start by eating two hundred fewer calories per day. Then pair that with cardio and weight training, starting slowly. Many people take a "balls to the wall" approach to diet and exercise only to end up fizzling out down the road (i.e. "I'm gonna go to the gym five days a week and I'm gonna only eat X!"). That's nice and all, but that's sort of like one of those sparklers at fourth of july. Shoots up, gives a little explosion, and falls back to the ground in a minute. Don't fall into that trap. It's what you do over the long haul that's going to make any real difference.

Obviously, while you feel the need to improve your physique, you are confident and comfortable in your skin, which is always a good thing whether you're overweight or not.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:31 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,526,540 times
Thanks BucFan

Old 01-17-2018, 08:10 AM

17,565 posts, read 39,222,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Based on your pic, Im thinking you should be focused on "toning" and drastically reducing your hips. But we all know you are a regular CD member who created a new profile just to start stuff.

Becoming "not a member" in 5......4......3....2...1.......... Just joined CD and all of your posts are today and only minutes apart? Yeah, Im calling fake CD profile on this one.
Yup ^^^

Old 01-17-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Based on your pic, Im thinking you should be focused on "toning" and drastically reducing your hips. But we all know you are a regular CD member who created a new profile just to start stuff.

Becoming "not a member" in 5......4......3....2...1.......... Just joined CD and all of your posts are today and only minutes apart? Yeah, Im calling fake CD profile on this one.
Just looking for some advice and potential help. Didn't expect this type of negativity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness