Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 11:15 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times

Advertisements

Let's say that I am taking a caffeine pill as a basic PWO. (Prior to jogging.) It has just been swallowed. This isn't liquid, (though I wonder how long it takes liquid, too..)

How long before the two capsules actually make me know I had caffeine?

The result is a longer jog.

I was going to make a post, "Is doing SOMETHING better than doing nothing." This will be my second two-mile jog of the day. This a "rest day." And I always take protein shake before and after such activity.

I have not had a sugary carbonated drink in weeks, can't remember the last time I did....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 11:32 AM

1,977 posts, read 6,866,365 times
Unless it is a specially coated pill, it should be around half an hour. Granted, everybody is different.

You didn't ask, but might want to test and see if the caffeine actually makes a difference. Once you start running, you should have enough adrenaline kick in than a small dose of caffeine might not make much of a difference.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:08 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,575,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
Unless it is a specially coated pill, it should be around half an hour. Granted, everybody is different.

You didn't ask, but might want to test and see if the caffeine actually makes a difference. Once you start running, you should have enough adrenaline kick in than a small dose of caffeine might not make much of a difference.

This is just a regular, somewhat powdery pill.

I noticed that some have "Cherry flavored coatings" like N.O. Explode from Walmart, and some are like capsules not pills like Hydroxycut (SX-7, Hardcore)

As to "Does it make a difference?"... This is the one full no-work day I have had in awhile. My job is like cardio for 7 hours plus.. Non-stop movement of the arms, rapidly. Minimal break. Maybe a solid hour of. So, I'm presently doing the "bombard with anything that might work" tactic.. - Testosterone, calcium, garlic, phosphorous, multivitamin, I think Biotin ??? - My goal is to "build some muscle mass" and also get that metabolism kick-started, to annihilate belly fat.

I have always believed that it is better to do too little than too much, get extended rest, etc.

I turn my jog into an H.I.I.T. by starting and stopping....

Old 10-28-2018, 04:56 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
I notice the effects of a caffeine tablet within a minute. There is research available on how different people metabolize caffeine. The effects are different for everyone.

Why would you, "always take protein shake before and after such activity?" It makes no sense to drink a protein shake before you exercise. I would not be able to get in a run if I drank a protein shake first. It is counter-productive.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:11 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,768,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Let's say that I am taking a caffeine pill as a basic PWO. (Prior to jogging.) It has just been swallowed. This isn't liquid, (though I wonder how long it takes liquid, too..)

How long before the two capsules actually make me know I had caffeine?

The result is a longer jog.

I was going to make a post, "Is doing SOMETHING better than doing nothing." This will be my second two-mile jog of the day. This a "rest day." And I always take protein shake before and after such activity.

I have not had a sugary carbonated drink in weeks, can't remember the last time I did....

Half an hour, tops -- more like 15 mins.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:43 PM

609 posts, read 303,808 times
About 20 minutes. If you notice it within 1 minute that's just placebo.

Caffeine gums can be absorbed (via the cheeks) much quicker, though.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:55 PM

9,410 posts, read 8,382,899 times
It depends on a number of factors, probably the biggest is what you have in your stomach and even your metabolism. If you take it on an empty stomach, you should feel it in the 15-20 minute range. If you ate breakfast and then take the pill, probably closer to 20-30 minutes. These are rough estimates, of course, as everyone is different.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:56 PM

9,410 posts, read 8,382,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I notice the effects of a caffeine tablet within a minute.
Do you free-base the pill or inject it?

Old 10-29-2018, 02:05 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,685 times
Just drink a shot of espresso.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
Feeling it in 15 minutes would likely only be possible on an empty stomach...with a protein shake it may take longer - but why not take it before the shake because it should certainly last through your jog.

BTW, TWO protein shakes? And two jogs on a "rest" day? And you're adding caffeine I'm assuming to increase your results?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness