Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 10:48 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
I think it's cheating, but there are no free lunches, so...
do you think a diabetic cheats when taking insulin, too? because someone who is prescribed testosterone supplement is someone who has a medical deficiency (hypogonadism) and the medication replaces what's lost....would you rather have a person live with the low/zero T-level and just vegetate and do nothing for their health condition?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 12:08 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,191,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
do you think a diabetic cheats when taking insulin, too? because someone who is prescribed testosterone supplement is someone who has a medical deficiency (hypogonadism) and the medication replaces what's lost....would you rather have a person live with the low/zero T-level and just vegetate and do nothing for their health condition?
I think most people develop diabetes from lack of discipline, education, or unfit parenting in the worst case. I don't think pills are the solution to the problem. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

It also sends a bad message to our youth.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my statement, but it does seem like most people use test for the purpose of vanity or to obtain an unfair competitive advantage, rather than having a life threatening medical condition.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:32 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
Quote:
I think most people develop diabetes from lack of discipline, education, or unfit parenting in the worst case. I don't think pills are the solution to the problem. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

It also sends a bad message to our youth.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my statement, but it does seem like most people use test for the purpose of vanity or to obtain an unfair competitive advantage, rather than having a life threatening medical condition.
There are a lot of endocrine diseases where the gland stops producing the hormone and nothing the person does can prevent this. Medicine is provided to replace what is lost. Testosterone replacement is no different.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
There are a lot of endocrine diseases where the gland stops producing the hormone and nothing the person does can prevent this. Medicine is provided to replace what is lost. Testosterone replacement is no different.
I do the eye test. If my doctor looks like ****, I don't listen to him/her.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:08 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
Quote:
regarding that heart attack risk, I wonder if that's related to a bunch of middaged, out of shape men all of a sudden having a boost of energy and trying to do too much and with pre-existing cardiac disesase/plaques rupture the plaques and cause their heart attack/demise......if you start the drug while being in relatively good fitness levels, I bet the risk isn't there
Good point. I think you're right. Besides, I regularly see my doctor at the first sign of anything wrong, plus annual physicals. I monitor my health closely. Also, I'm not trying to lift like I did in my 20's. I just want to be and look in shape. I have back issues, so I have to be careful to not overdo the weight and make sure my form is perfect.

I also ordered Sermorelin, which is sort of a natural growth hormone. Well, its not a hormone, but it facilitates the pituitary gland to produce more growth hormone. There's no known risks that I've been able to find. You can find YouTube videos on it. Good stuff. I took it last year and got in great shape. Then I went off it for 6 months and lost some muscle. Now I'm getting back on it.

Old 01-28-2019, 01:23 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
I don't think pills are the solution to the problem.
Then, pray tell, what is the solution?

Quote:
As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. It also sends a bad message to our youth.
And what your sanctimonius little cliche ignores is that it does nothing to help the people who are already suffering from the disease, but **** those people, right?

Quote:
I didn't mean to offend anyone with my statement, but it does seem like most people use test for the purpose of vanity
So what?

Quote:
or to obtain an unfair competitive advantage
Against who?

Quote:
rather than having a life threatening medical condition.
So again, the only medical conditions worth treating are those that are life threatening?

Old 01-28-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Then, pray tell, what is the solution?

And what your sanctimonius little cliche ignores is that it does nothing to help the people who are already suffering from the disease, but **** those people, right?

So what?

Against who?

So again, the only medical conditions worth treating are those that are life threatening?
Do you know that information is often the most valuable commodity?

In the US, profit is more important than truth. That's why so many people are misinformed.

It's simple really. Has someone ever gave you a "hot stock" tip that actually worked?

Probably not, right? Because that's not how you make money. You make money by keeping people stupid.

That's the game. Learn the game and you'll be able to answer all those questions you just asked me.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:16 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Sorry for delayed reply.

"Monster Test" pills... also followed with "Iron Brothers."

Here are they:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0723C12JT/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FVJZ732

This thread is specifically about the Testosterone, but I also got some Omega 3/Amino Acids pill supplement as well.

The OP is talking about some testosterone boosting supplements (herbs, vitamins whatever) that he found on amazon that he assumes is a real testosterone and this has morphed into a conversation about medical testosterone. The topic was about the "Monster Test" pills that gave him major results in 2 days. This would be like a discussion on Tribulus or Boron or some similar supplement.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:20 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Do you know that information is often the most valuable commodity?

In the US, profit is more important than truth. That's why so many people are misinformed.

It's simple really. Has someone ever gave you a "hot stock" tip that actually worked?

Probably not, right? Because that's not how you make money. You make money by keeping people stupid.

That's the game. Learn the game and you'll be able to answer all those questions you just asked me.
So you have nothing?

I thought so.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
So you have nothing?

I thought so.
"Everything happens for a reason."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness