Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2022, 12:24 PM

9,406 posts, read 8,382,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Is that another complaint about someone annoying you?
Why come to a ridiculous thread (discussion) where ridiculous people are inevitably ridiculed?
Report away ... I'm shaking in my smelly gym sneakers.
YOU are the one who came here to rant about ME, not the other way around my man. Get that straight first off. Secondly, there are officially over 100 pages of people here who talk about gym annoyances, interesting how you single out me.

And if you really think someone hogging three machines at the same time is okay, then you my friend are the problem. And annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Yes, people who are called the crystal generation for a reason, everything bothers them and when some one make the point they accuse with report.

It's not a big deal, they come here and vent because they don't have the courage to face the people who bother them and have to see them every day in silence.
BUT YOU GUYS ARE HERE STATING THAT WE ARE BOTHERING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

You are literally complaining about someone complaining.

The irony here is laughable.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:29 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,650 times
So....like one of the topics on this thread some while back is empty stalls. Shower and toilet. I know because I participated. There are, for example, 2 roles of maybe 12 empty toilet stalls, same goes for showers.

You are in one of those stalls. The only one in there. One other lone person walks in and chooses the stall right next to you to do their business or splash their shower water on you through the shower curtain cracks. You almost feel obligated to reach over your hand to hold theirs in the adjoining shower or under the stall partition to hold their hand. Just you two against the world.

QUESTION: Do you speak out loud and say "Hey jerk, can you please pick one of the other stalls or showers down the isle so I can have some privacy?"

No one in the stall scenario in this past discussion has stated they have done this. Usually we seethe to ourselves wondering why they are doing this. It is easy to believe you are all tough and would speak up - "hey your socks and shirt are moronic, why can't you dress better" when you yourself don't have the guts or rudeness to say it.

With all the nut bags in the world today, you also might want to be careful of who would turn on you if you did.

Anyhow, I find the stories amusing. We have all run into some silly or rude gym members.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:33 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,462,650 times
Well, the weekend is here and time for go when we want to go to the gym weekend workouts. You guys duke on.

Florida, we are waiting for new stories next week. Have a good one and train hard!

Old 04-22-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Well, the weekend is here and time for go when we want to go to the gym weekend workouts. You guys duke on.

Florida, we are waiting for new stories next week. Have a good one and train hard!
Oh I will continue to post my new annoyances here EVERRRRRRRRY SIIIIIINGLE WEEEEEEK, believe me! A few surly posters won't change that!!!

And one only needs to see my post from a while back about the lunatic who got in my face. No, you absolutely do not want to get into a verbal altercation at the gym. Especially not here in Florida!

At my wife's YMCA, she said yesterday two women almost came to punches after one asked another one to not stand directly in front of her at their Zumba class. Yet another example.

But I know, you're a TOUGH GUY, right? If you think someone is doing something you "I'm gunna git 'n his face 'n tell 'em!"

Internet tough guys, lol. Have a great weekend everyone, 80 and sunny here in Floridaaaaaa!!!!

Old 04-22-2022, 04:38 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,675,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Oh I will continue to post my new annoyances here EVERRRRRRRRY SIIIIIINGLE WEEEEEEK, believe me! A few surly posters won't change that!!!

And one only needs to see my post from a while back about the lunatic who got in my face. No, you absolutely do not want to get into a verbal altercation at the gym. Especially not here in Florida!

At my wife's YMCA, she said yesterday two women almost came to punches after one asked another one to not stand directly in front of her at their Zumba class. Yet another example.

But I know, you're a TOUGH GUY, right? If you think someone is doing something you "I'm gunna git 'n his face 'n tell 'em!"

Internet tough guys, lol. Have a great weekend everyone, 80 and sunny here in Floridaaaaaa!!!!
Enjoy the cool weather, it won't last much longer.

Old 04-22-2022, 04:46 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
So I'm finally getting back to the gym...I'm new to Planet Fitness. Maybe a mistake?

They have ONE set of dumbells like 5 lbs. up to 75 or something. The problem is somebody who just stands there doing 6 different exercises of who knows how many sets each using 10 lbs. for everything. I'm waiting the whole time I'm there doing all my other stuff and watching constantly to get my chance for those 10 pounders. They really need TWO sets - if they were stacked better they wouldn't really take up any more room.

Old 04-23-2022, 10:58 AM

1,977 posts, read 6,866,365 times
Newer family to our gym. The couple come with either one child or two. They all have their sound canceling beats or whatever headsets on and the music is loud enough to bleed through. They try to stay in one area at a time for the most part which is good. But, they are working in with each other, alternating machines and they can not hear each other through the headsets. So there is this constant yelling, Mom, Mom, come use this machine, Dad, dad ... and it goes on until the kid could get in front of the mom/dad to wave. This goes on for a while. Kinda funny but also distracting.

Old 04-23-2022, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
So I'm finally getting back to the gym...I'm new to Planet Fitness. Maybe a mistake?

They have ONE set of dumbells like 5 lbs. up to 75 or something. The problem is somebody who just stands there doing 6 different exercises of who knows how many sets each using 10 lbs. for everything. I'm waiting the whole time I'm there doing all my other stuff and watching constantly to get my chance for those 10 pounders. They really need TWO sets - if they were stacked better they wouldn't really take up any more room.
That's the one really, really good thing about LA Fitness/Esporta Fitness, they have I think 4 sets of every dumbbell up to 60lbs and 2 sets for everything above that.

And yet another in a long list of reasons why I couldn't join Planet Fitness. That, alone, would be a deal killer for me.

Old 04-23-2022, 05:12 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,585,525 times
People who just for the life of them cannot figure out that the 30 kg dumbbells go into the 30 kg marked spot, the 32 kg dumbbells go into the 32 kg marked spot, and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness