Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2019, 07:22 PM

14 posts, read 12,025 times

Advertisements

So i follow all the crazy in shape guys and girls on instagram, and even do im ok looking and someone fit i feel insecure, i feel instagram is a fake flashing what you have or what you push you dont have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019, 08:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z68359 View Post
So i follow all the crazy in shape guys and girls on instagram, and even do im ok looking and someone fit i feel insecure, i feel instagram is a fake flashing what you have or what you push you dont have.
Stop following them.

Never compare your bloopers to someone else's highlight reel.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:07 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,369,560 times
Almost all of those photos are photo-shopped or enhanced to some degree. Be happy with what you have because there are a lot and I mean a LOT of ugly, out of shape people in this world.

Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
I have been going to the gym a long time and I can tell you I have seen only two women that had absolutely amazing bodies.
One was a fitness model who also competed and the other is a Zumba teacher who after her class spends 2 hours each day in the gym working ever single muscle in her body. I have no idea what these women eat but you can be sure they eat very healthy and sparingly.
So if you want that perfect body you need to basically devote your life to getting it. Other than that be happy with what you have. You are ahead of the game already.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:56 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
People who post those pictures on Instagram find the perfect angle and lighting and pose to post the perfect picture. You can bet they probably suck in their tummy too. It's also not sustainable to look like that all the time, just so you know. Those people spend most of their time on looking like that. It's not impossible but it's definitely a lifestyle. You'd have to give up drinking, staying up late, junk food, eating out.. it'd be very difficult to have a social life, or the people you hang out with would have to do what you're doing.

Old 05-20-2019, 12:57 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
To piggy back on what others have posted- I know a group fitness instructor who models on the side, a trainer who recently started to try to gain a more influencer type role and someone who is an ambassador for a big fitness brand. They all look good- but perfection is really in the photograph settings. On regular pics they look good but not impressively great. The one that models looks better in photos- and he shared something after a big shoot last year. It was for the chain where he coaches and he was the only model in the shoot that used their workouts.

I've also gone to a gym with two fitness competitors- one male, one female. They only look ready for competition at the competition. Obviously all these folks are in much better shape than myself but getting those Instagram ready shots is actually a task unto itself. The budding influencer actually had a professional photographer doing shots in the off hours at the gym. And the brand rep went to a big symposium recently where the brand hosted workouts and recreation events with photographers on hand. When they do post a true selfie it might be after doing twenty snaps and using a filter.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:22 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Everyone is beautiful, amazing, smart, successful and a genius on fakebook and instagram. I have a pic of myself where it looks like I have a 6 pack -which is far from the truth but editing and filters are amazing nowadays.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:40 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
a mature/confident person doesn't put themselves in anyone elses shadows...

.some of the prettiest flowers are grown in manure....don't believe everything you see
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness