Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfusedGuy777 View Post
Ok, I go to this small gym and there was a group of guys working out there. I'm in my 30s and everyone there was between 35-55. When I enter the gym I did say hello to the "gym alpha" since I have talked to him before. Than I prepare to workout and hit the bench, there was a group of guys next to me working out all in their 30-40s and once I began benching they all got their stuff and moved to another part of the gym completely and away from me. Basically out of sight so I wouldn't see them and they wouldn't see me. I don't understand why but this is starting to bother me, am I not doing something right here since we all train in the same gym and I just step into this gym to workout meanwhile a group of guys like a pack of ****ing dogs all get up and walk to another part of the gym together to get away from me

So what did i do to them? I don't even know them
You said hello to the "gym alpha". He probably thinks you're gay and now all those dudes are thinking the same based on what he said to him.

Common courtesy between men can be mistaken for gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 06:46 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
You at a gym to get in shape and work out? Or you going there to be social?
Cant speak for a home else but myself, but whenever I went to the gym I was in my zone. Meaning that I did not talk to anyone, look at anyone etc. My concern and focus was pounding them weights.
I agree with the above. If you are a dude, it is probably best to keep the chit chat at a bare minimum or non existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness