Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 01:26 PM

7 posts, read 3,502 times

Advertisements

I lost 75 pounds in 6 months eating about 1500 to 1750 calories a day.
My exercise was speed walking 2 miles a day so I never spent more than 30 minutes walking.
I believe what I ate combined with no alcohol and minimal sugar got me where I wanted to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 09:14 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,012,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWSouthpaw View Post
My exercise was speed walking 2 miles a day so I never spent more than 30 minutes walking.
I believe what I ate combined with no alcohol and minimal sugar got me where I wanted to be.
People like yourself have my utmost respect. It takes a lot of self discipline to burn the cals and consume less. If you're out and about seeing others enjoy fast food and you're having to remain cognizant of what you consume, well it's pretty damn rough to do for long periods of time. Hope you're able to keep the wt off. I once heard it takes about 6 months to establish habits. You sound like you've accomplished that. Thumbs up!

Old 08-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Hers another full yoga session.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP7Ztkffsco&app=desktop

Old 08-01-2019, 02:44 PM

7 posts, read 3,502 times
Thanks for the kind words TBMorgan. You are certainly right about the examples you gave.
I completely changed what I was eating and/or how much of it I ate.
Giving up alcohol AND sugar at the same time was probably the toughest.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:19 PM

1,579 posts, read 952,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWSouthpaw View Post

Awesome and congrats! I envy your 6 months. It took me a couple of years to lose the weight and I was eating less calories. I think I have a stubborn metabolism.

I hear you on alcohol. I don't dislike it, I love a good beer. But I rather eat food so people think I am a teetotaler (and I suppose I am).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post

Thank you for the links!

Old 08-02-2019, 09:17 AM

108 posts, read 56,692 times
Like everyone else was saying, you definitely could have been dehydrated which can be very dangerous, and is why you should be drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water per day. However, you also don't take a rest day which is your biggest problem. Rest days are very important to a workout routine because they give the muscles time to repair, recover, and grow. Rest days also give you a break to relax, both physically and mentally. There is a difference between a rest and recovery day. You should take a rest day, which is doing no exercise if you're feeling completely wiped out from a week of working out. Recovery days are for when you're just a little sore, so you should incorporate walking, swimming, or yoga into your day. I found this article you can use to learn how to take an effective rest day: https://www.openfit.com/how-to-take-effective-rest-day

Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJudy9872 View Post
Like everyone else was saying, you definitely could have been dehydrated which can be very dangerous, and is why you should be drinking at least half your weight in ounces of water per day. However, you also don't take a rest day which is your biggest problem. Rest days are very important to a workout routine because they give the muscles time to repair, recover, and grow. Rest days also give you a break to relax, both physically and mentally. There is a difference between a rest and recovery day. You should take a rest day, which is doing no exercise if you're feeling completely wiped out from a week of working out. Recovery days are for when you're just a little sore, so you should incorporate walking, swimming, or yoga into your day. I found this article you can use to learn how to take an effective rest day: https://www.openfit.com/how-to-take-effective-rest-day
I'm guilty of this too. Good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness