Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:21 PM

9,425 posts, read 8,401,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Here you go, pretend this is after the part I cited: © 2011 - 2018 Examine.com

Or would you prefer it in APA or MLA Style?
Too late to backtrack now dude! We see right through you and your copy/paste pretend knowledge!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 12:34 PM

813 posts, read 601,995 times
Creatine, not even once!

Old 08-09-2019, 12:51 PM

265 posts, read 240,313 times
so I learned nothing new in 2019, but one decent post. Thanks.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:00 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,870,355 times
When used according to directions I saw a 5 to 10% increase in my weightlifting abilities while I was taking it. This leads to faster gains since that's how weightlifting works. Maybe not a big deal but it is to "lifters".

Old 08-09-2019, 03:07 PM

15,495 posts, read 7,538,175 times
My brother is a strength and conditioning coach and says anyone who uses creatine is a fool looking for kidney issues. He will drop an athlete who uses creatine.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:47 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,145,441 times
Someone who eats red meat regularly should already have good stores of creatine in the body.
Creatine supplementation won't add any value in this case.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,684,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
My brother is a strength and conditioning coach and says anyone who uses creatine is a fool looking for kidney issues. He will drop an athlete who uses creatine.

I have never seen any evidence supporting this. It is a natural substance that is supplied to the body from meat. You excrete any excess. It would only be an issue if your kidneys are not functioning properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
Someone who eats red meat regularly should already have good stores of creatine in the body.
Creatine supplementation won't add any value in this case.

Exactly. This is why I think I got minimal benefit from taking it.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:47 PM

4,567 posts, read 5,432,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2017 View Post
So I started doing Martial Arts. I am working on my diet and getting better as I progress. I was thinking once I had a solid diet, with a workout routine of six to nine weeks solid and doing college at the same time, that I would add creatine to my diet. I known people who used it and claimed that its helped, but I am not exactly sure what it does? I been told you gain muscle size, it boost strength, and basically it gives you more endurance. I am doing BJJ mainly, and hitting the gym on the side, with school. On google post on this topic date back to 2011, I was wondering what the word was in 2019. Also if you can list brands that would be cool. Thanks.
I have had tremendous success in using creatine for strength/size and muscle increases during bulking phases. It absolutely works for strength and muscle size increases. Some people say its water weight, but I have not found this to be true based on the detailed records I keep of my workouts (weights, reps, routines, nutritional intake, growth, bodyfat %, etc.).

It is best used during a bulk phase. Use EXACTLY as they say on the carton and you WILL see results. If you are just doing regular lally-gagging workouts and not bulking and going heavy, you will not see as great results.

The brand I have always used is:

Muscle-Tech's Cell-Tech formula - https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/m...MaAuzdEALw_wcB You can see just how good this is based on user reviews - 1500 reviews and a 9.2 overall rating. This is pretty much the reviews you'll find everywhere you look online.

You can get the 6lb size via Amazon Prime for only $35.00 which is a GREAT deal. The fruit punch tastes the best.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:06 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,423,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
when the government sees that something is too effective, they make it illegal.

ive gone through periods where i threw some creatine in my pwo shake and times where i didnt. i would say i dont notice a benefit from it. but its cheap and easy and its supposed to do something.
It takes regular doses of Creatine to build up in the body before one can notice (or not notice effectiveness).

Each person is different.

For me, 3 grams per day showed results in about 5 days. I was surprised it was that quick.

How do I know (or think I know)? My strength increased quite a bit. Heavier weight and with more reps.

Also followed the comments of a poster here (Baines, I believe) that the supplement Beta Alinine is synergistic with Creatine (works well with it).

So I went to captain google and there are studies on this.

I bought Beta Alinine (which is not expensive and started taking it every day with Creatine.

My strength went up even more.

I know this b/c I know how much weight and how many sets and reps I do.

It's worth a try combining Creatine and Beta Alinine if wants to increase strength which will result in more muscle if one of these or both of these are your goals.

I started taking these about 2 months ago an will take it for about 3 more months that get off of it.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:08 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,423,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Muscle-Tech's Cell-Tech formula - https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/m...MaAuzdEALw_wcB You can see just how good this is based on user reviews - 1500 reviews and a 9.2 overall rating. This is pretty much the reviews you'll find everywhere you look online.

You can get the 6lb size via Amazon Prime for only $35.00 which is a GREAT deal. The fruit punch tastes the best.
Yes, I use Muscle-Tech also (even though it's not my brand for Whey).

I find Muscle-tech Creatine does not bloat me like other brands did.

Again, everyone's body and chemistry is different and this is just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness