Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:17 PM

10,433 posts, read 8,669,565 times

Advertisements

Rip.he was one of my favorite bodybuilders back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 11:41 PM

3,716 posts, read 2,455,524 times
Here is a short video on Ric Draisin visiting Franco at his Chiropractic office to work on Draisin.

I think it's about 3-4 years old but Draisin re-posted recently it b/c Franco passed away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH61wsxUuuo

Old 09-07-2019, 10:56 AM

10,719 posts, read 7,947,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallstaff View Post
I won't blame his death on steroids but for a person whose life was the very definition of exercise and healthful eating, his death from an ordinary heart attack at the unremarkable age of 78 takes all the air out exercise gurus, low fatters, low carbers, aerobics fanatics, H.I.I.T. proponents, and all the rest. ..
Why? He didn't subscribe to any special diet or exercise regime. I don't think he did much aerobic exercise at any time in his life, other than pumping iron, and he ate a lot of protein. Favorite was eggs, I've heard. Eggs have had a bad rap for cholesterol but I'm not really buying that.

Old 09-07-2019, 01:05 PM

6,768 posts, read 4,462,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ34 View Post
Franco was stronger than Arnold and many of the other big guys though. Those bigger guys weighed more and were much taller, yet Franco was at/or near the top in terms of pure strength. A bigger, heavier body is not necessarily stronger than a smaller, lighter body. Talking just pure muscle strength here. And frame size varies greatly, independently of height. A short guy can have a large frame, and a tall guy can have a small frame. A larger frame affords more muscle-building potential.

Im sure there were others, but he's the only one I have heard of that could hang by the tops of his feet on a chin up bar, with no shoes on and then do setups.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:13 PM

703 posts, read 616,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Why? He didn't subscribe to any special diet or exercise regime. I don't think he did much aerobic exercise at any time in his life, other than pumping iron, and he ate a lot of protein. Favorite was eggs, I've heard. Eggs have had a bad rap for cholesterol but I'm not really buying that.

Actually I',m with you. I wasn't commenting (Or subliminally trying to "Sell" ) low-fat diets and aerobics. I am out on the whole cholesterol thing and the "unique" benefits of aerobics as they are usually sold to us.

But suffice it to say the guy was indeed "into" the concept of optimizing even maximizing good health. He was a medical practitioner himself. But in the end it didn't buy him anything ordinary people don't get. But at least he looked better along the way. No middle aged paunch there

Old 09-07-2019, 04:59 PM

3,716 posts, read 2,455,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Yes, eggs do not raise cholesterol.

Last edited by Returning2USA; 09-07-2019 at 05:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness