Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2023, 07:22 PM

1,555 posts, read 786,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Even a non-famous non-celebrity fitness influencer is there because they're capitalizing on their natural inclinations and genetics. It's really easy for a gym bro to start his own YouTube and TikTok channels with very little effort. You have to keep in mind that most of these people, even the John Does, have an agenda and they're trying to sell you something and get clicks and engagement by saying wild things. They also might be hard-core fitness enthusiasts, so it's a lot easier for them to work out a lot because they work in a gym and stick to a strict diet because they don't have a 9-5 desk job and a commute and lots of family obligations.

The bottom line is that wanting a 6 pack doesn't really have to do a lot with actual health and fitness, because you can be healthy and fit without visible abs.
Well I want to look sexy on match making apps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 05:22 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,685,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
No. Just saying if he can do it. Why not me? Brady looks like he is 35.
I've learned not to compare what I look like to anyone else. Our genetics, our diets, and our life circumstances are all different. His genetic predisposition may very well make it easier for him than you (or me). You have to find what works for you. I think if you focus more on making yourself the best version of you it will get a little easier.

Some people are hard gainers and some are not.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:59 AM

4,610 posts, read 2,740,857 times
Quote:
Well I want to look sexy on match making apps.
You know, you could meet actual women in person (or men, I see I'm assuming) and impress them with your personality, sense of humor, kindness, etc., rather than hoping your abdominal muscles will do the trick.

Old 04-04-2023, 08:49 AM

21,921 posts, read 25,242,581 times
Body fat below 10%, so if you're at 20% at ~160, need to lose about 16 pounds. Way more core work. I'd bulk overall though. At 145 you're going to look scrawny than anything, I mean everyone has their own aesthetic they're going for. Most girls don't like the geared out bulky look but they don't like heroin chic either.

Old 04-04-2023, 10:05 AM

10,363 posts, read 6,918,322 times
Quote:
Can you elaborate more?
For "core" training, there's not much better than "Stand-Up Paddleboarding."

You'll see what I mean, after the first hour on the lake. Based on your regimen, I'd say you're overtraining already.

Don't make "abs" a goal. Make "healthy & strong" a goal.

If you don't have access to a lake, then try this at home...

Lay on your back. Try to get up without using 1 arm/shoulder. You pick which arm. Do this a few reps (maybe a set.) Try the other arm for a set.

Then, do this exercise from your tummy position. Do another 2 sets.

Now, try to this exercise without using your left leg and left arm. This is a HUGE challenge, but it's worth it.

Then, try it without using your right side. Try to get up without using one side, like a stroke victim. This may sound strange, but it could save your life, down the road. Think about it.

Old 04-04-2023, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
I've learned not to compare what I look like to anyone else. Our genetics, our diets, and our life circumstances are all different. His genetic predisposition may very well make it easier for him than you (or me). You have to find what works for you. I think if you focus more on making yourself the best version of you it will get a little easier.

Some people are hard gainers and some are not.
Not comparing just saying if they can do it I can too.

Old 04-04-2023, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
You know, you could meet actual women in person (or men, I see I'm assuming) and impress them with your personality, sense of humor, kindness, etc., rather than hoping your abdominal muscles will do the trick.
You do understand that looks are the first visuals women look at for men right?

Old 04-04-2023, 01:41 PM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times
Quote:
You do understand that looks are the first visuals women look at for men right?
Maybe, but there's a slippery slope between "that guy looks fun/cute" and "that guy looks full of himself." If your ultimate goal is shirtless bathroom photos, know that plenty of women will automatically swipe left.

Old 04-04-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Body fat below 10%, so if you're at 20% at ~160, need to lose about 16 pounds. Way more core work. I'd bulk overall though. At 145 you're going to look scrawny than anything, I mean everyone has their own aesthetic they're going for. Most girls don't like the geared out bulky look but they don't like heroin chic either.
I am going for 15%. I am not into competing for bodybuilding. I have to issue losing weight but also don’t want to lose muscle mass. I don’t want to look scrawny.

Old 04-04-2023, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachWasp View Post
You don't need your body fat to fall below 10% to have 6pack abs. Anything below 15% will expose your abs. Some men get abs below 20% depending on how they store fat. Very few men can maintain <10% body fat unless they're on PEDs for example.
Yup. 15% is what I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness