Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:26 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times

Advertisements

I don't mind my arms getting bigger I just don't want my shoulders to appear wider. They are too wide as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I used to do Jenny Craig and they had me on a 1,200 calorie per day. I did great on that, but when I went off it I started adding on weight again.
I tried to do the weights this week and I actually gained a couple pounds. I know muscle weighs more, but I don't want to gain weight.

Oh and sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post a few days ago.
lol your okay...I was kiddin'

Jenny Craig works while your on it sure....but I don't believe in that stuff....i've had toooooo many clients come in complaining that they needed to get in shape after doing jenny craig lol go figure.....it HAS TO BE a lifestyle change if you want it to be forever......just watch your calories and trans fats....excersize daily and you should be good to go. I know you don't want to gain weight and muscle might weigh more but it burns fat....don't weigh yourself.....instead, try buying a pair of jeans a couple sizes smller than you are right now or whatever your target size is and just keep trying them on......

Old 11-18-2008, 08:17 AM

78,330 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
.....it HAS TO BE a lifestyle change if you want it to be forever......
REP = Infinity + 1 for this post!

I never *got* this until recently....to date:
-35lbs lost (10-15 to go perhaps?)
-60pts off my cholesterol (I eat *really* well now)
-blood pressure good

Currently working to transition more towards weights but still with enough cardio to keep the fat down. Exercising 5 days a week, generally for about an hour but on average it's longer than this and I workout hard.

Personal Trainer meeting Wednesday night to help with more exercises I can do to get\keep the body type I want.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:16 AM

^ Awesome!!!! I'm soooo proud of you!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:19 AM

78,330 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
^ Awesome!!!! I'm soooo proud of you!
Thanks Rachel!

Ok...I'm asking for trouble but I'm feeling saucy today!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Thanks Rachel!

Ok...I'm asking for trouble but I'm feeling saucy today!
hahaha you are very funny not really

Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:
lol your okay...I was kiddin'

Jenny Craig works while your on it sure....but I don't believe in that stuff....i've had toooooo many clients come in complaining that they needed to get in shape after doing jenny craig lol go figure.....it HAS TO BE a lifestyle change if you want it to be forever......just watch your calories and trans fats....excersize daily and you should be good to go. I know you don't want to gain weight and muscle might weigh more but it burns fat....don't weigh yourself.....instead, try buying a pair of jeans a couple sizes smller than you are right now or whatever your target size is and just keep trying them on......
I have heard that is a life style change and at my age, that's what it has to be. Gone are the days of being in my 20's and dropping weight anytime I wanted too. I think that it could be I have lost inches because even though in the last month or so I gained a couple pounds, I have been exercising and my pants are loose. I guess I need to stay off the scale. I weigh in the morning and at night and it's driving me crazy.

Yeah Jenny Craig and nutrisystem are pretty good. I lost 20 or so pounds on each of them, but once you go off then you have to plan your meals, so it's better to just have a plan before, low cal, watch fat, drink lots of water etc. One thing I did learn from those two programs was portion size...that is so important.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:33 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I don't mind my arms getting bigger I just don't want my shoulders to appear wider. They are too wide as it is.
Jessica Biel sure looks good, here.

As they say in some shows I've seen, "I'm jus' sayin'"

Old 11-18-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post

Yeah, those arms are pretty good, if I could only be so lucky

Old 11-19-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post

She's kinda manly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness