Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 02:23 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times

Advertisements

He promoted an exercise program that didn't require weights or machines. These were exercises you could do at home or work without having to buy special equipment. His program is still sold today online. When I was using his program I became much stronger and leaner. For some reason I had stopped using the program and gradually became weaker and fatter. Can't afford a health club membership and so I recently re-started the program again. Am on my third week and can easily feel a difference all over. His program started back in the mid to late 1920s. Saw a Biography channel episode on his life. Gym owners at the time filed claims against him saying that you can't build muscle without weights. The FTC took random men off the street and made them do the exercises as directed in the program. They were measured before and after 1 week of doing the exercises and they measured an increase in muscles even after only one week. Can you imagine how today's young men and women would look if they would do push-ups, sit-ups, deep knee bends/squats, and walking or jumping jacks twice a day? True, they wouldn't be the picture of perfect health, but they'd be a lot healthier than they are as couch potatoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 03:16 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,168,657 times
His program was similar to what the "daily dozen" excersize program was for Army PT back in the 60's.
I was in the Army back then. Best shape I was ever in in my life.
No weights, no machines. And no damn steroids.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:46 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
His program was similar to what the "daily dozen" excersize program was for Army PT back in the 60's.
That's cause the Army went to him for help way back when.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:27 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post

I totally agree! I spent 6 years in the U.S. Army (1995-2001) and was in the best shape in my life.

Yes! You can be in shape WITHOUT equipment or weight dumbbells or machines. Just lots of calisthenics, running/jogging, pushups, situps, and chin ups. You got it made!!

Old 10-07-2009, 12:46 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,993,789 times
During Air Force basic trainng ( in '69 ) I actually got somewhat out of shape, because I worked out significantly harder on my own. No complaints though, I'd rather push myself than have a drill seargent push me. I had no trouble getting back into my usual condition after training was complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness