Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What women do you find most appealing?
Slim women 146 72.28%
Overweight women 46 22.77%
obese women 9 4.46%
Skinny women 34 16.83%
Very skinny women 12 5.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 AM

53 posts, read 51,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i believe there is more opportunity for obese people to have hygiene issues but i cant say that i have noticed it. i try not to let them get too close to me, i dont want to be mistaken as a snack.
lol

Old 10-06-2011, 01:44 AM

53 posts, read 51,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
well, you could theoretically lose weight. then you would be more attractive and less smelly.
HA HA HA, your making my stomach hurt from laughing so much

Old 10-06-2011, 03:04 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR76 View Post
HA HA HA, your making my stomach hurt from laughing so much
And you're making my head hurt, from smacking it so hard at your ridiculous, ignorant, and highly offensive comments... wow, just wow.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:05 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nothing wrong with that... you just need to find a man who's NOT opposed to a full-figured woman! I got plenty of action when I was larger, in fact more than I have in recent years - and it wasn't just from chubby men, either. We all have our preferences, and you'd be better off ignoring guys who only like skinny girls. Confidence and attitude also go a long way, so having a positive self-image will usually attract more suitors.

I agree. But I know well why this thread was created in the first place and some posters seem to like that fact.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:23 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
Quote:
so true on the overweight woman and body odor, its hard to clean inside all those folds of fat.
How do you know? Have you watched fat people bathe? Is that a secret fetish of yours? Have you ever been fat? If your answer is no to all of the above, then how do you know. Some fat people don't even have rolls. I have no problem reaching anywhere.

Quote:
yes us slender woman take much better care of ourselves, care more about our health and our appearance, overweight woman are lazy, dont care about their health or appearance and are always making excuses for why they are fat, its because you eat to much!!!!
I am fat and I take very good care of my skin, nails, hair, and just about everything else you can think of. I also bathe regularly and brush my teeth twice a day. I love frangrancy lotions and perfumes that give me a soft feminine smell. I highly doubt that I stink, let alone other overweight woman who frequent the spas and beauty salons that I go to. Why don't you tell them that they smell?

Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
so true on the overweight woman and body odor, its hard to clean inside all those folds of fat. yes us slender woman take much better care of ourselves, care more about our health and our appearance, overweight woman are lazy, dont care about their health or appearance and are always making excuses for why they are fat, its because you eat to much!!!!
To be fair, someone would have to be really morbidly obese to have the kind of size and "fat rolls" that would lead to them not being able to clean themselves. Someone who's 25-30 pounds overweight won't have any physical problems with hygiene. Regardless of size, people who don't drink enough water, or drink too much coffee, or eat a lot of garlic or spicy foods can have body odor because of that.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:49 AM

410 posts, read 743,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ehh, kind of and kind of not... I think the bottom line is that everyone has certain preferences, and sometimes those are very specific, while other times it's just their general appearance. Personally I can't say there's a physical attribute I'm 100% opposed to, as proven by the diversity of men I've dated - Black, Hispanic, White, Pacific Islander, fat, thin, tall, short, bald, I've dated (or wanted to date) just about everything! The only thing I really care about is teeth, since I can't stomach looking at a mouth full of bad chompers. But for the right man that's fixable, LOL.

Regardless of the details, I still know when I'm attracted to a man or not, and the concept of attraction is mostly based on appearance. That's not necessarily a shallow thing, it's just human nature and natural instinct. Shallow is when you'd date somebody based only on their looks, while completely ignoring a lack of positive (or compatible) inner qualities. See the difference there?
Well said.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 AM

410 posts, read 743,016 times
Ultimately, it really is about personal preference. You cannot control who or what you are attracted to at first glance. Some people who I meet don't seem very attractive initially, but once I get to know them I see them differently. The same goes for the reverse. You can meet someone that you are very attracted to, but if they don't have the personality to match suddenly they don't seem quite as attractive.

Most people haven't made a conscious decision on what physical attributes attract them though, and that is my point.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:00 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,973,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I agree. But I know well why this thread was created in the first place and some posters seem to like that fact.
You're wrong. Why don't you go back and read the OP. The poster admitted that he/she was overweight. I believe he/she was asking a question that he/she was interested in knowing the answer to.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
[quote=jifwittle;21174711]Ultimately, it really is about personal preference. You cannot control who or what you are attracted to at first glance. Some people who I meet don't seem very attractive initially, but once I get to know them I see them differently. The same goes for the reverse. You can meet someone that you are very attracted to, but if they don't have the personality to match suddenly they don't seem quite as attractive.

Most people haven't made a conscious decision on what physical attributes attract them though, and that is my point.[/quote]

Conscious decision and can't control who you are attracted to, which one is it?

That's exactly it, attraction isn't just innate but socially conditioned. It varies with era and culture. It's how we are brought up more than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness