Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 09:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

I am guessing, but it looks like you will be 3 blocks south, and a few blocks west of the Mall, on 13th Ave. 13th ave is one of the main roads, on west side of I 29, lots of shops, resturants, neat things in that area. If that is a hotel, they will be able to give you lots of directions and advice of things to do. These websites have local info & guides for Fargo
http://travel.yahoo.com/bin/search/t...C+north+dakota
www.cityoffargo.com
http://www.elocallink.tv/clients3/nd...ver=11&brver=6 a Welcome to Fargo video

Last edited by JanND; 12-11-2011 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 AM

254 posts, read 513,473 times
I'm not sure if this is of interest, but maybe you could get a temp job near where you live, since you'll be living so close to many stores, restaurants, and the mall? I'm guessing a lot of the seasonal folks were hired in Oct, but you may be able to find something on a temporary basis if needed.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM

254 posts, read 513,473 times
The MAT bus map leads me to believe you are only a couple blocks from route 22. 22 and 16 will take you to a grocery store; some grocery stores will deliver, for a fee. Route 21 is also close and will get you to many shops, restaurants, etc., so hopefully you can access internet at those places if your apartment does not offer wi fi.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:07 AM

419 posts, read 1,396,965 times
You are just 2 blocks from where Route 22 of the MATBUS system runs--the SW Fargo/West Fargo circle. It does go to West Acres, the major shopping mall as well as a major hub for transfers on the bus system. Transferring to Route 25 would bring you past the Red River Zoo, and although some of the large animal exhibits are closed for the winter, the indoor spaces remain open for limited hours. It would also bring you to the Dr. James Carlson branch of the Fargo Public Library. If you bring photo ID with you, along with a copy of your lease, you can get an FPL library card and get 90 minutes of internet access per day (if you don't have home access) along w/ checking out books, movies & music. There are movie theaters near West Acres, so that's always an option for entertainment.
Transferring at West Acres to Route 15 would take you Downtown to explore those boutiques, restaurants, galleries, and the Plains Art Museum, as well as take in movie at the Historic Fargo Theatre.
So far November & the beginning of December have been warmer than average and we have absolutely no snow, so walking to/from bus stations is a whole lot easier than some years have been at this time!
Hope this helps you get started exploring Fargo--

Old 12-12-2011, 09:08 AM

82 posts, read 258,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer37 View Post
Thanks
I'll be at 5002 16th Ave S
I looked at the matbus but couldn't figure out anything...Any suggestions/advice/input will be highly appreciated
Thanks
http://www.matbus.com/images/MATBUS%...2008152011.pdf

It looks like the closest bus stop will be near 15th Ave S and 45th Street - just a few blocks away - not too bad, actually.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:43 AM

33 posts, read 117,451 times
Thanks a lot folks
Most of the grocery and food won't be a problem...hornbachers will deliver on door.

M glad to know we can live without a car for a month by using bus service. I guess first day with bus might be a little hassle but later it will all be fine.

Does anyone know of any Indian grocery store. according to Google it seems there is none. but was just curious may be there is one which is not advertised on Google pages?
Thanks a lot once again forum

Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 PM

419 posts, read 1,396,965 times
For Indian groceries, I'd start by trying out Tochi Products. The local Hornbacher's grocery stores (particularly the Osgood location) have increased their international food offerings, but Tochi would still probably be the place to try first. There are a couple of markets on Main Avenue in Fargo, on the west edge of downtown, that bill themselves as international markets (Lotus Blossom & FM International Foods), but I'm not sure how much they offer beyond Chinese/Vietnamese foods.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:23 PM

231 posts, read 873,167 times
The Asian-American market on main ave near the McDonalds should have most of the things you need. Lotus blossom is alright, but smaller selection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Fargo
View detailed profiles of: