Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times

Advertisements

[quote=Opyelie;14615434]
A simple head shot would have been a better choice considering the question posed.

Exactly. I think her post hsould have said what do you think of my breasts/implants um oh I mean contacts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I am waiting for a guy to come on here showing us a photo of his bare arse and asking how his shoes look.
You are absolutely hilarious!!

Old 06-14-2010, 06:28 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,554,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
You are absolutely hilarious!!
Well she's gotten about 20 rep points since she posted that so a lot of people must agree.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've known a lot of Black people with light eyes. Caucasians don't own that feature.
In the 80s, I knew a black woman who had violet colored eyes. No contacts. That was her natural eye color. Totally cool.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,908,083 times
As Sophialee said, the use of contacts is not to be taken lightly from a health standpoint.

They have to be professionally fitted and meticulously sanitized if reused.
Infections and corneal abrasions are common and can lead to blindness.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:50 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,053,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
You should throw them out. If they aren't prescribed by a doctor they can cause cornea damage. Her eye needs to be measured, everyone eyes have a different base curve and you order contacts much like a shoe size. One size does not fit all.
I know all that. I wear soft contacts for astigmatism myself. However, you can't tell these stubborn ass teenagers anything. She knows not to come to me talking about "can you make an appointment, at the optometrist, for me, so that I can get some colored contacts" because the answer would be a resounding 'NO'. So, the next best thing is to get them from the Asians for $15.99. Its all the rage with the teens in my area. That's where they all go to purchase them in every color imaginable. Another money maker (can we say CHING-CHING) for the Asians, who set up shop in the poor BLACK communities, taking money from people who don't know any better..... but that's another topic...

Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 PM

41 posts, read 58,407 times
I am black and I do not like weaves or colored contacts on other black females. I just love the look of natural black women but that is just my opinion.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Another money maker (can we say CHING-CHING) for the Asians, who set up shop in the poor BLACK communities, taking money from people who don't know any better..... but that's another topic...
I'll never understand why black people get pissed off about this. You can't control your daughter, and yet it's the Korean (or whatever) store owner's fault for setting up a business in order to pay the bills? That's ridiculous. If your daughter doesn't know any better, it is up to you to teach her.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM

253 posts, read 795,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I'm NA and I have hazel.
What's NA? Native American?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:47 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,559,505 times
I think you are just enjoying all the accessories available to us women today...and you know it seems like no matter what we do, someone is going to have something negative to say about it. I encourage you to just keep enjoying yourself and if you feel like having blue eyes one day and green or brown the next, go for it! It's part of the fun of being a woman, no matter what color we happen to be!
It also just occurs to me (I am white so this is just a thought) that maybe those people who accuse you of self-hatred are seeing in you what is really within them? Just a thought as I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty