Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do I do with the shirt?
Yes, keep it! 37 80.43%
No, trash it ASAP, kemosabe! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:37 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
nothing wrong with a pink shirt. that is a good pastel color, too.

of course i'm from the land where people dress like this >> Social Primer

so maybe my gaydar is nonfunctional.
Oh yeah, not what I would recommend for gay men or straight men! Those pants belong to a little girls bedroom somewhere as curtains, not pants!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Ok, here comes part 2. LMAO. Or the caveat, if you will.

I always wear matching socks for my shirts. Green goes with green, blue with blue, etc.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, I was wearing pink socks today The first guy pointed that out even, as I was oatmealing in the cafeteria. He was like, "dude, you are even wearing pink socks"

However I shrugged it off and continued to eat, and he left.

oookay. Uh the pink shirt is fine but pink socks? Yeah that's crossing the line.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Oh G-d...no...no matching the socks to shirts!
I know! I'm still kind of speechless and hoping it's a joke. Most women don't even match socks with their shirts!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Your socks should match your PANTS/SHOES not your SHIRT.

There you go.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
I was lectured twice on dress code, for wearing "disjoint" socks. Of course, this was when I worked for a major financial institution back in the coast. They are one of the few names everyone hears on the news all the time when it comes to the economy

They have tons of rules on haircuts, the type of shirts, how far your pants can fall on the shoes, the colour of the tie and even them, socks

In this particular incident, I wasn't wearing white or black socks with the white shirt. I never made a mismatch ever since.

Considering it's mostly white shirts most of the week, considering meetings and other stuff, the few days I get to wear coloured shirts, I improvise on the same rule, same colour of socks.
Please tell me you don't wear white socks to work. White socks are only for gym shoes. I don't care if your shirt is hot pink with rainbows and unicorns on it, but PLEASE NO WHITE SOCKS WHY GOD WHY??!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
I always wear matching socks for my shirts. Green goes with green, blue with blue, etc.
LOL Thanks for the warning. But match your socks to your pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I LOVE pink shirts on a man. To me, it shows a sense of style and confidence. I vote KEEP IT!!!
Ditto. I think pink shirts are sexy on guys.

I bought a pink shirt for the spouse, and he just cocked his eyebrow at me warily. I said "Just wear it," and dang if he didn't like it too. Once it was on, he liked the way it looked on him.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I bought a pink shirt for the spouse, and he just cocked his eyebrow at me warily. I said "Just wear it," and dang if he didn't like it too. Once it was on, he liked the way it looked on him.
I never had anything pink, but bought a pink tie and ended up getting a lot of compliments. Far more than my others.

I'll still say no to the socks, though.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I live in San Francisco, where pink shirts on men is nothing new... heck, men in pink SKIRTS is nothing new either.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:31 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Pink looks really good on some guys. A pink dress shirt is no different than a blue or a yellow one in my eyes.

Re: socks. Matching, yikes, but I have always liked guys who are wearing a really conservative grey suit with a white shirt or similar, but then you see that they're wearing red or green socks with it. It's just a hint of subversion.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:39 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
A pink tie is nice, too! Just maybe not with a pink shirt.

But maybe with a pink skirt ... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty