Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do I do with the shirt?
Yes, keep it! 37 80.43%
No, trash it ASAP, kemosabe! 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,599,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
THey have alway been in fashion. Where do people get the idea that shirt *colors* go IN and OUT of fashion???
Colors plays a huge role in fashion. Not only seasonally but also what is trending. For example this Fall we are seeing camel, metallic colors, purple, red, pale blue and olive.

Fall 2010 Color Trends - The Top 6 Colors For Fall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 12:23 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,281,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
You got me! Pink is a pretty classic color when it comes mens' dress shirts. Maybe these folks don't live in metro areas where people dress up in business attire?
I live in the Dallas area, which is definitely a metopolitan area, but I don't work downtown where you would see the most guys in business attire. I do see men coming in wearing suits in the bank where I work but maybe I'm just out of the loop and haven't noticed the pink on men till recently. Or maybe Dallas really is more conservative when it comes to men's dress. Texas, in general, may be conservative in fact, about things like that for all I know.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,410,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Pink on men means one of the following:
  1. "I'm gay!!!! Get used to it."
  2. "I'm straight, but I just want to see what reaction I would get. Hehehe! That was fun!"
  3. "My wife bought me this shirt. Please don't make any snide remarks. Thank you for your sympathy!"
  4. "I have no fashion sense whatsoever. Please try to tell me you 'like my shirt' without too much sarcasm. I promise to go home and burn this shirt."
If the shirt is the right fabric, style and fit, I think:
"Wow, that looks classy."

My husband is wearing a custom made pink gingham shirt today and he falls under 5. "None of the above."

Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
You got me! Pink is a pretty classic color when it comes mens' dress shirts. Maybe these folks don't live in metro areas where people dress up in business attire?
I do agree that some colors are classic and stay in but her comment was in general saying colors do not go "out". Colors do go in and out depending upon current trends. (Which I'm sure you know since you started the high thigh boot thread.)

Old 09-10-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Colors plays a huge role in fashion. Not only seasonally but also what is trending. For example this Fall we are seeing camel, metallic colors, purple, red, pale blue and olive.

Fall 2010 Color Trends - The Top 6 Colors For Fall

Pink is a classic dress shirt color as is yellow or white. In fact, it's usually referred to as "Classic Pink." (Granted, the pink AC posted isn't what I would constitute as "classic.")

ETA: Don't know if you're aware, but the link you posted is for women's color trends.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 09-10-2010 at 01:08 PM..

Old 09-10-2010, 03:25 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,341,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. Where on earth did he get the idea to match his SHIRT??
I have no idea

Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
If the shirt is the right fabric, style and fit, I think:
"Wow, that looks classy."

My husband is wearing a custom made pink gingham shirt today and he falls under 5. "None of the above."

I have to laugh because I told my husband about this thread today as he was wearing a "pink shirt." Turns out he received a number of compliments on his shirt from the buyers he dealt this afternoon. Then he told them about his wife's online debate over pink shirts and they agreed, men look great in pink. Then he sold them a bunch of stuff so he could buy more pink shirts.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:53 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,432,550 times
I think pink is fine for a man's shirt. But, couldn't they come up with something less girly than "blossom"?

Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Don't know if you're aware, but the link you posted is for women's color trends.
I was aware. I think my comments are kind of out of context as I was debating the point that "colors go out of style" not necessarily classic pink for men.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:14 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,100,317 times
Personally, I would never wear a pink shirt; however, I don't care what other people wear. I say live and let live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty