Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM

50 posts, read 159,638 times

Advertisements

The quality of clothing at Ann Taylor loft and J. Crew?
I'm at that not a college student but still at a young adult faze and need to update what I'm wearing. I've been, I guess pre-shopping and seeing whats out there. Honestly the last couple of years I have had hardly any time to spend that didn't involve running my business. Now I had been saving and want to get pretty much everything new and matching. What is the quality, and lasting ability of these mall brands? These two are one of the few that at least offer my sizing online so I'm kind of limited to what stores I can buy from. I've never had a good experience with having clothing tailored to my liking. So don't want to deal with that and just want off the rack stuff.

Honestly most of my stuff is from my high school years or work out style clothing like stretch pants and track jackets. It's time for a change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 03:24 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,749,281 times
Gee, you went through high school and never learned good enough English grammar. I bet you're not college material...

Old 11-14-2010, 03:45 PM

50 posts, read 159,638 times
Sorry- I've offended you on a message board. My grammar and spelling is just horrid..... You should look away! Gasp! More horrible spelling coming your way.?!.!? Oh the horror!

Old 11-14-2010, 05:01 PM

153 posts, read 675,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citron View Post
Sorry- I've offended you on a message board. My grammar and spelling is just horrid..... You should look away! Gasp! More horrible spelling coming your way.?!.!? Oh the horror!

^LOL!! anyways i used to really like J Crew but the last pair of pants I bought there was not all that great. The zipper broke after like 3 washings. But i also have a favorite sweatshirt from there that i absolutely love, it is my go-to sweatshirt when i need a hoodie.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
J Crew clothing is ok. My teenage sons wear it a lot. I think the pants and shorts wash better than the shirts, which sometimes come out of the dryer a wrinkled mess.

Do not, however, waste your money at a J Crew outlet. That stuff is inferior quality to the store merchandise, and shrinks badly.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,861,491 times
J. Crew looks nice, but there seems to be quality issues. I've had several of their tops and they seem to fade more quickly than normal. One sweater I have had threads coming unraveled after the first couple washings that I had to have repaired. I was really disappointed.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:42 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,094,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Gee, you went through high school and never learned good enough English grammar. I bet you're not college material...

How RUDE
She wasn't asking about her grammar
If you want to critize someone look in the mirror first
If you read her post..she clearly stated she wants info on certain clothes brands
your comment was RUDE
I BET YOUR JUST AN ^$$

Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,094,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citron View Post
The quality of clothing at Ann Taylor loft and J. Crew?
I'm at that not a college student but still at a young adult faze and need to update what I'm wearing. I've been, I guess pre-shopping and seeing whats out there. Honestly the last couple of years I have had hardly any time to spend that didn't involve running my business. Now I had been saving and want to get pretty much everything new and matching. What is the quality, and lasting ability of these mall brands? These two are one of the few that at least offer my sizing online so I'm kind of limited to what stores I can buy from. I've never had a good experience with having clothing tailored to my liking. So don't want to deal with that and just want off the rack stuff.

Honestly most of my stuff is from my high school years or work out style clothing like stretch pants and track jackets. It's time for a change

I personally love Ann Taylor Loft...Its great your deciding to get a new change
Enjoy your new style..

Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM

130 posts, read 336,193 times
The Limited is not a bad option either. I haven't bought anything from there in a while due to the fact that I do not need anymore clothes (closet is stuffed).

Old 11-18-2010, 03:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
J Crew clothing is ok. My teenage sons wear it a lot. I think the pants and shorts wash better than the shirts, which sometimes come out of the dryer a wrinkled mess.

Do not, however, waste your money at a J Crew outlet. That stuff is inferior quality to the store merchandise, and shrinks badly.
I haven't had any issues with clothes I've bought at the J. Crew outlet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty