Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,636,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector? Did you have any results?
I tried it and immediately had a terrible breakout. (I have very sensitive skin, acne prone although I am nice and clear right now thanks to my last course of Accutane) I went back to using the Turnaround concentrate which is a great gentle chemical exfoliator that has lightened the marks from my previous bouts with acne and even seems to have helped with my rosacea - I hardly ever flush anymore. I also like it because it does a great job of keeping my pores open and preventing new acne, I can use it 2 times a day if I want with no irritation, and it gives my skin a nice glow.

As for makeup, I normally wear none at all. My skin can't tolerate daily makeup. When I do wear it, I like the mineral makeup best because it looks so natural and it is easy to completely cover the marks by building the coverage where I need it without it looking masklike on places where I didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 01:41 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,608,853 times
I use a typical drugstore foundation for overall coverage and then use the MAC Studio concealer that comes in a little pot and apply it with a foundation brush on the dark circles and darker spots and blend. For red spots, before I put on the foundation, I use some Visine on a cotton ball or tip of a Q-Tip and hold it against the red spot for a minute to reduce the redness before applying any foundation.

Most days my skin is generally clear with just a couple of dark spots & circles under my eyes and I just use the MAC concealer, no foundation, with the edges blended out well with the foundation brush.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 PM

42 posts, read 89,372 times
MAC studio tech

Old 05-02-2013, 12:52 AM

910 posts, read 2,294,645 times
For me it was mineral make-up, it took a bit of convincing and not being able to find an affordable foundation with good and natural coverage. I had ordered some samples a few years earlier so I tried them again but it was not totally covering my dark spots so I joined a forum and found out that the yellow concealer would lighten the spots. With further experimenting I discovered that a yellow-peach convo was best on my tan skin. I later switched to a brand that had a foundation of more intensive coverage (Silk Naturals) and that was enough by itself most of the time. But I hardly have need of that now because I treated my spots both with iodine (the bigger ones) and a bleaching cream so the medium coverage foundation will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty