Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 01:38 PM

206 posts, read 768,420 times

Advertisements

so a recent kardashian family post has kendall and kylie jenner, 15 and 13, spilling out their beauty secrets and stressing the importance of their using eye creams to prevent wrinkles and damage around the eyes. is it just me or is that a bit tooo early to be thinking about such preventative measures?

i have been thinking about this for a while and at 24 when i consulted a Sephora worker i was told 24 is too young to be using anti-aging eye creams because if i start now my skin would get used to them by the time i reaaally needed the beauty boost. having spent my childhood and teens abroad sunscreen was unheard of and i have spent summers happy and bare faced getting wonderful egyptian tans under the sweltering heat. while i'm told i look a lot younger than my 24 years getting carded and stuff still. however, since i turned twenty i have seen wrinkles forming under my eyes when i smile. one large line under each eye and accompanying faint tiny lines around it. i am pretty freaked out. after i turned twenty i started using sunblock -not as regularly as i liked but i did have it in store and used it during vacay to florida or something. it made my face greasy so i quit using it during college. i had sunglasses at one point but i haven't worn sunglasses for at least over 3 years now. i'm now thinking about using eye creams and am wondering if they are worth it at all?

in your experience, opinion- are eye creams worth the hype? do they actually make a difference? when do you start wearing them? do you apply it before or after sunscreen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,206 times
I don't think they are worth it. Just another item women "need", according to cosmetic companies. I think the same stuff you use as a moisturizer should work on the eyes, unless you have some sort of skin condition where you have to use different types of lotions.

Kendall and Kylie don't know JACK. They just see older women use it, and think that it is a "must have" for all women, and wish to appear more mature.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:36 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
A waste of $ generally, just use anti aging stuff and regular moisturizer on your eye area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty