Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:45 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What's your opinion on the following things women do to beautify themselves?

From a male perspective:

High heels - Okay for the occasional night out, but sometimes women tottering around in them just look silly. Wearing heels constantly is subjecting yourself to pain for the sake of fashion.

Painting nails - I actually never got why so many women were into painting their finger and tone nails. I have no problem if they want to make themselves pretty but in terms of attraction it doesn't change anything for me.

Eye-shadow/eye-liner/mascara: Maybe a bit, but personally, too many girls just overdo it. If you can tell within a second she's wearing dark eye shadow it's too much.

Lip-stick/lip-gloss: Kind of indifferent to it, really. Don't really like to taste lipstick though.

The fastidious use of moisturizer/lotions/scrubs: It's good to want to have good skin, but you can probably overdo it. Some women act like blackheads or pores are the size of small craters lol.

Foundation etc. I guess is more subtle.

Eye lash extensions/fake eyelashes: To be honest I viewed them as a bit silly and also unnecessary.

Jewelry - Kind of neutral on it. Not a fan of too much jewelry on anyone.

Hair dye - No problem wanting a change now and then, but changing colour every month or so is overdoing it a wee bit. The bottle blonde fad went outta control for a little while (for both sexes really).

Fake breasts - Unless you're like an A or small B cup and you really feel the need to, I think the balloon like breasts are a result of male fetishism.

Fake tan - I know real tanning can be harmful...I like the bronzed look if doesn't make you look like an oompa loompa.

Women's clothing in general - Seems to be geared to be sexy: revealing, figure-hugging.

I'm not trying to be judgemental, doesn't make me think less of women who do that, thought it'd be an interesting thread topic.
About the only things that are "blah" with me are dresses. If she is attractive, a country guy doesn't care if she has on jeans and a t-shirt. She'll still look great in scrubs like at the dentist office. Women seldom wear dresses around here. Only to work if they have to and church it seems. I like painted nails and toe nails. Make up is a must. Many country women put some of their "earthy" metro competition to shame on this one. If you are working outside and sweating bullets in the yard...don't bother. The same if you are heading to the lake for skiing or swimming. If she's going fishing, she'll wear it. I don't know where all this "I don't give a rip" thing came from. From a guys mind, it makes us feel like we aren't good enough for you to look sexy for us. Women don't use that fake tanning stuff either. We have tanning beds galore in town. Hair die is good to cover up grays back to your real color. Fake blonds should just stay what they were IMO. I don't like all that red and purple punk crap they put in and do to their hair either. It just looks like hell. I like some earrings, rings and some necklaces on them. Nothing clanky though. As for boobs, do what you want, I love them ALL. Yeah, no tats please. It's so out of place on a beauty it's not funny. They look like they are on smack or something. You heard it on the X y'all!
ZZ Top - Heard It On The X - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 12:01 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,017,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ladies know that most men wouldn't know a peplum if it fell out of the sky and couldn't tell the difference between a pump and an espadrille.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Btw, what the heck is an espadrille?
I'm aware of what the common definition of those shoes is otherwise, but at least the way I learned it in Canadian French, espadrille was or seemed to be the common word typically used for gym/running shoes or sneakers.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 AM

Thumbs up One last thing... Trim only PLEASE!! We don't like the 12 year old look!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
haha the OP makes me sound like a tomboy in comparison, despite the fact that all I wear when I'm not working at the YMCA are shorts, skirts and dresses when the weather is warm (which is all the time here).

Old 04-02-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
haha the OP makes me sound like a tomboy in comparison, despite the fact that all I wear when I'm not working at the YMCA are shorts, skirts and dresses when the weather is warm (which is all the time here).
Tomboys are slammin' as long as they wear make up!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:46 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbler. View Post
I'm aware of what the common definition of those shoes is otherwise, but at least the way I learned it in Canadian French, espadrille was or seemed to be the common word typically used for gym/running shoes or sneakers.
No, espadrilles are cotton or linen shoes with coiled rope soles.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Tomboys are slammin' as long as they wear make up!
That's the thing..I'm not much of a tomboy. I guess I'm more of a low maintainence feminine woman.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I am wondering how a man is capable of putting so much thought process into this much detail. It's astonishing.

What's your sexual orientation?
Yea I think the OP is either a woman in disguise or a homosexual. Straight men don't look at all those details and make value judgments, they just look if a girl looks good. Going into detail criticizing makeup is not something I've ever done with my male friends when critiquing a woman. Guys check out a girls face and her figure. They will like what they see based on their preference for size and thickness. Women do a lot of their stuff to get compliments from other women. Men may find that strange but women do that.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:39 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Yea I think the OP is either a woman in disguise or a homosexual. Straight men don't look at all those details and make value judgments, they just look if a girl looks good. Going into detail criticizing makeup is not something I've ever done with my male friends when critiquing a woman. Guys check out a girls face and her figure. They will like what they see based on their preference for size and thickness. Women do a lot of their stuff to get compliments from other women. Men may find that strange but women do that.

Being aesthetically inclined does not make you gay. I think everyone here knows what really does make you gay. And anyway..who freaking cares who is gay or not. We are talking about things chicks do to look good. Doesn't really matter what your sexual orientation is. People need to stop being so homophobic and using sexual orientation as a slanderous term as if we are in junior high.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:18 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

Being aesthetically inclined does not make you gay. I think everyone here knows what really does make you gay. And anyway..who freaking cares who is gay or not. We are talking about things chicks do to look good. Doesn't really matter what your sexual orientation is. People need to stop being so homophobic and using sexual orientation as a slanderous term as if we are in junior high.
I agree. Just because a man is more aware of what goes into a womans look does not = gay. Kinda juvenile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty