Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:26 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie100 View Post
I don't have an obsession with makeup; I used to spend hours watching tutorials but I don't anymore. I only brought up my knowledge of makeup because Opsimathia was wondering if I was using blush to contour and if I had highlighters and contouring stuff! Therefore I felt obliged to share all the products I have and let the world know that I am not a noob when it comes to makeup.

I am not obsessed with makeup. I do know a lot about it from knowledge obtained throughout the years. I simply have a lot of stuff because I have the means to buy them; that's all. I've never been into volunteering and have zero desire to start now; sorry.

So you totally know what I mean by the blush too low. I have to wonder if maybe you had a light shimmer on and when they did the lighting it just bounce too much light off washing it out. In person vs. camera makeup always is funny to me. Its slightly better with HD and digital but colors are still off sometimes in blue/purple tones. (stuff like shadows, mauve blushes etc) I thought someone else did your makeup in those shots as all the other ones look really good.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,960,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
So you totally know what I mean by the blush too low. I have to wonder if maybe you had a light shimmer on and when they did the lighting it just bounce too much light off washing it out. In person vs. camera makeup always is funny to me. Its slightly better with HD and digital but colors are still off sometimes in blue/purple tones. (stuff like shadows, mauve blushes etc) I thought someone else did your makeup in those shots as all the other ones look really good.
Yea, I actually saw a video about it a few weeks ago plus read this on Temptalia..I actually saw this post already a while ago

"Don’t smile and apply blush! On many face shapes, this will actually cause the blush placement to be too low. Instead, get some extra lift by applying blush higher along that line. However, if you have a wider face, or you want to soften the cheekbones, apply blush lower along the line, as it will give you an instantly slimmer face."
http://www.temptalia.com/how-to-blushing-highlighting

but yea; I do know about it... The only shots where someone did my makeup was the ones where I looked old

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...nly2_thumb.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...was_here/l.jpg

Which shots did you think someone did my makeup? I did my own except the two above...

Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
It would only take me hours if I wanted to take a picture of myself (the guy wanted me to take a pic holding a newspaper) to post on this forum. Every day makeup doesn't take as long but if I am going to take a new one and post it on CD then it's going to take time. That's what I was referring to. I am not going to take a picture of me looking real raggedy and post it online; he wanted me to take a picture as of today of myself holding a newspaper. That would take time to prepare.

Nobody sees me without some makeup on because I live alone and I don't like to leave the house unless I have some on. Lots of of women are like that; it's not unusual.
I'll take your word that it would take hours; I honestly don't know what would take that long. You mention drawing contours and stuff, though, and I don't know how to do that.

It is unusual to assert that no one will ever see you without makeup. Presumably you will have a mate of some kind someday, a person who is going to see you naked and without any makeup on. If you have already decided that you will live alone your whole life, that is unusual, particularly for someone who puts so much importance on looks.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'll take your word that it would take hours; I honestly don't know what would take that long. You mention drawing contours and stuff, though, and I don't know how to do that.

It is unusual to assert that no one will ever see you without makeup. Presumably you will have a mate of some kind someday, a person who is going to see you naked and without any makeup on. If you have already decided that you will live alone your whole life, that is unusual, particularly for someone who puts so much importance on looks.
Not like hours and hours but it would take awhile; longer than an hour.

Nope, don't want a mate actually. I am into my looks but it's not to attract a mate. Haven't had a bf in over 4 years now and I don't plan on getting married (I'm not traditional). Maybe one day I'll have a mate but it's not really a big priority; I like being alone.

Contouring does not take long; it's just using a darker powder in the hollows of your cheeks (when you suck in your cheek). You apply it with an angled brush and it makes your cheeks look smaller and your face oval. I sometimes contour my nose too by using a crease brush to contour the sides of my nose to make it look slimmer. It's just like painting.

Here is a pic of what nose contouring can do http://www.nerdygirlmakeup.com/2010/...our-your-nose/

Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Can people really not see the makeup close up? I was in ballet for years and know how to apply stage makeup, but I never learned how to be subtle with that stuff.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Can people really not see the makeup close up? I was in ballet for years and know how to apply stage makeup, but I never learned how to be subtle with that stuff.
If you use powder it's pretty subtle I think... especially if you do a good job of blending it... I imagine using foundation to contour it would be more noticeable; I haven't tried it. The girl in the blog did not do a great job of contouring btw; it's too obvious and you can see the lines. She probably did it that way on purpose for illustration purposes.

I think it can look natural if you use powder and if the powder isn't too dark. Light skin tones use a different color than medium skin for contouring powder etc. It doesn't look that obvious when I do it...

In photos people can't tell. Jlo and Kim Kardashian always have their noses and cheeks contoured. It looks so real that some people claim it's a nose job etc. A good contouring job can look like a nose job I think.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
I think the mole is aging, but it's also a bit of character so you have to take the good with the bad.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Yea, I actually saw a video about it a few weeks ago plus read this on Temptalia..I actually saw this post already a while ago

"Don’t smile and apply blush! On many face shapes, this will actually cause the blush placement to be too low. Instead, get some extra lift by applying blush higher along that line. However, if you have a wider face, or you want to soften the cheekbones, apply blush lower along the line, as it will give you an instantly slimmer face."
http://www.temptalia.com/how-to-blushing-highlighting

but yea; I do know about it... The only shots where someone did my makeup was the ones where I looked old

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...nly2_thumb.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...was_here/l.jpg

Which shots did you think someone did my makeup? I did my own except the two above...
Those "old" ones I though someone else did you makeup.

I don't think you can see contour makeup as long as someone blends well. Marylin Monroe used contour makeup on her nose. Without it, her nose appeared more like a childlike button nose and a bit crooked.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I think the mole is aging, but it's also a bit of character so you have to take the good with the bad.
The mole is ugly. I've had it since I was really young, like high school age. I don't care for moles that add character. Some people find character in flaws but I am not one of them.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Looking forward to it. I never liked kids and never want them. I'll be glad when I no longer have to deal deal with periods.
Your skin will change a bit, decolletage area in particular, thats what the poster is refering to. Since you've taken good care of your skin, nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty