Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Lady, if you have a problem with a man staring at your feet, then you shouldnt be wearing shoes/sandals/flip flops that expose them. What's up with these women???
Are you serious?! Read what you just posted: if women have a problem with men staring at their feet (who does that, anyway? Who stares at women's feet? ), they shouldn't wear shoes or sandals? What??!! How about men get a grip over their fetishes, learn to be polite, and not stare at strangers' feet?

The rest of your post I pretty much agree with. I didn't even know there are women who wear really short skirts, or low waist jeans. I thought those had gone out of style years ago. Guys wear really low jeans, too, and have the same problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,597,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Are you serious?! Read what you just posted: if women have a problem with men staring at their feet (who does that, anyway? Who stares at women's feet? ), they shouldn't wear shoes or sandals? What??!! How about men get a grip over their fetishes, learn to be polite, and not stare at strangers' feet?

The rest of your post I pretty much agree with. I didn't even know there are women who wear really short skirts, or low waist jeans. I thought those had gone out of style years ago. Guys wear really low jeans, too, and have the same problems.

If this is the case, why do women go out of their way and spend money every week or 2 to have a mani/pedi if they werent trying to make their hands/feet look presentable? If a woman doesnt like someone staring at their feet, then either wear footwear that doesnt reveal their feet, or just deal with the fact that there are people in this world who admire womens feet!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 AM

1,406 posts, read 2,725,943 times
I think it's kind of obvious that clothes (or lack thereof) send a message. Saying that a woman can wear whatever she chooses and others are wrong for looking is just silly. You can't control their wandering eyes, dirty thoughts, etc. But you have some say at WHY they're looking at you. If you don't want people to think of you as sexy, then either don't dress sexy or get used to their possible reactions.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 AM

221 posts, read 283,342 times
Comparing someone looking at a woman for dressing a certain way with sexual assault/rape is absolutely ridiculous. Wanted to say that first. Now. If a person dresses in any way that's different: sexy, in a costume, stuck in a time warp, whatever, they're going to get attention. Maybe a woman is dressing sexy for herself, but she doesn't get to control who looks at her. If she's dressing sexy to get attention only from certain men that she finds suitable, well, I'm sorry...see previous sentence.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:47 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,503,056 times
Why do women who dress revealing, then complain when men stare!

First off they have no shame about there looks,
but they want to act like a good girl.

And they want to compete for men's attention
against other women and hores, who look better than they do.

They want a man to lust after them, and then make a seen to act
as if they are right, and the man is wrong.

It's all a competition game with women now a days,
and they want to know if they have what it takes to draw attention
to themselves, no matter what age they are ! ! !

If they sneeze or cough, every thing starts to either fall off
or fly up in the air.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,839,718 times
They only complain when unattractive men stare- Handsome intelligent men that have some class and are attractive - do not want to look like dumb goofs so they do not stare- I guess for the woman its a lose lose situation- Maybe they should concentrate on being wonderful on the inside than just a sex symbol?

Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,934,528 times
There is a difference from looking and leering. Some people are licking their lips, jerking off etc. All basically forms of sexual harassment. Or people make inappropriate comments.

Just because people are wearing things you don't like (or really like) doesn't justify inappropriate behavior.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 11 days ago)

52,722 posts, read 48,039,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
They only complain when unattractive men stare- Handsome intelligent men that have some class and are attractive - do not want to look like dumb goofs so they do not stare- I guess for the woman its a lose lose situation- Maybe they should concentrate on being wonderful on the inside than just a sex symbol?
That's one thing I thought about when I read the OP's post. Many women, I think, are hoping for a certain type of man to look at them and not just any man. Some women may actually get disappointed when the guy looking at them isn't the one they expected. If you think about it, it may happen more than we think.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,995,135 times
That's a good thought, that they may be fishing for a certain type of guy. I knew a woman who was really gorgeous. She was also a control freak. She'd be in a book store or just driving along with the rest of us and kind of flirt with some guy and when he came over she'd insult him. She thought it was such great fun. I thought it was sick. She was fine in other ways.

Some women are on a sort of power trip and manipulative.

This woman I speak of went through a very acrimonious divorce, but I don't know the whole story.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:23 AM

88,698 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
That's one thing I thought about when I read the OP's post. Many women, I think, are hoping for a certain type of man to look at them and not just any man. Some women may actually get disappointed when the guy looking at them isn't the one they expected. If you think about it, it may happen more than we think.
I think this is the case. I don't think women should dress in mini-skirts or low-cut blouses and then complain when men look. The men don't have to be obvious or rude about it, but that IS the reason you dressed that way, isn't it? To get attention? Ah, but you're not getting attention from the RIGHT targets--and therein lies the problem.

Reminds me of the people who put 40 piercings into their face and then get upset when people stare at them. You did that so that no one would look at you? Really?

I used to have a young woman in my office who was pretty, blond, had a great body, and would wear mini-skirts that fell about an inch below the cheeks of her ass. One of the engineers, a man in his fifties, always stuck his head up and looked at her as she walked by. She got furious about this, and referred to him as a "pettyfiler" (she wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the lamp) because he was so much older and had the nerve to be looking at her when she was so much younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty