U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-18-2012, 03:06 PM
 
275 posts, read 1,052,644 times
Reputation: 72

Advertisements

My feet are measured as

right foot:
length: 25.5 cm, i.e. 10.03"
ball: 26cm, i.e. 10.24"
instep: 27cm, i.e. 10.63"

left foot:
length: 26cm
ball: 25cm
instep: 26cm

For meaning of length, ball, and instep, see


When I buy shoes in U.S., those shoes that are right for my feet length are usually not high enough for my instep, and those that are right for my instep are usually too long. For your reference, here is a shoe size table from Walmart

Shoes - Men's Sizes
Shoe Size Length Ball Instep
6.5 9.5 8-7/8 9-1/8
7 9.75 9 9-5/16
7.5 9-7/8 9-1/8 9-7/16
8 10 9.25 9-3/8
8.5 10.25 9-3/8 9.75
9 10-3/8 9.5 9-7/8
9.5 10.5 9-5/8 10
10 10-5/8 9.75 10
10.5 10-7/8 9-7/8 10.25
11 11 10 10-3/8
12 11-3/8 10.25 10.5
13 11-5/8 10.5 10-5/8
12 11 9-5/8 10.xx

Size 10 is right for my feet length, and size 13 is right for my instep.

I wonder whether my feet have kind of abnormal size?

When I was in elementary and middle school. I ran often, 800~1500 meters almost every day. Can that be the reason of my feet size?

Thanks!

Last edited by timlee; 08-18-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 PM
 
11,423 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Reputation: 18119
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlee View Post
My feet are measured as

right foot:
length: 25.5 cm, i.e. 10.03"
ball: 26cm, i.e. 10.24"
instep: 27cm, i.e. 10.63"

left foot:
length: 26cm
ball: 25cm
instep: 26cm

For meaning of length, ball, and instep, see


When I buy shoes in U.S., those shoes that are right for my feet length are usually not high enough for my instep, and those that are right for my instep are usually too long. For your reference, here is a shoe size table from Walmart

Shoes - Men's Sizes
Shoe Size Length Ball Instep
6.5 9.5 8-7/8 9-1/8
7 9.75 9 9-5/16
7.5 9-7/8 9-1/8 9-7/16
8 10 9.25 9-3/8
8.5 10.25 9-3/8 9.75
9 10-3/8 9.5 9-7/8
9.5 10.5 9-5/8 10
10 10-5/8 9.75 10
10.5 10-7/8 9-7/8 10.25
11 11 10 10-3/8
12 11-3/8 10.25 10.5
13 11-5/8 10.5 10-5/8
12 11 9-5/8 10.xx

Size 10 is right for my feet length, and size 13 is right for my instep.

I wonder whether my feet have kind of abnormal size?

When I was in elementary and middle school. I ran often, 800~1500 meters almost every day. Can that be the reason of my feet size?

Thanks!
No -- you just have a high instep. So do I. All it means is you have to patient and try on shoes and not let them talk you into something that doesn't fit or isn't right.

It's one of the reasons I go to Nordstroms. I've given up falling in love with shoe after shoe and having them not work for me. Way too disappointing. I sit down and tell the clerk what I want generally and he brings out boxes of shoes. It's more work for them, but they know their stock and what will work on my troublesome feet.

I've to add in knees to that -- so now the shoes have to be flat.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2012, 04:28 PM
 
275 posts, read 1,052,644 times
Reputation: 72
Thanks! What do you mean by " add in knees to that "?

I usually settled with shoes that were much longer than my feet.

Does higher instep tend to mean that I am better for running/jumping/walking or totally irrelevant?
Note that my feet also look kind of flat at bottom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
No -- you just have a high instep. So do I. All it means is you have to patient and try on shoes and not let them talk you into something that doesn't fit or isn't right.

It's one of the reasons I go to Nordstroms. I've given up falling in love with shoe after shoe and having them not work for me. Way too disappointing. I sit down and tell the clerk what I want generally and he brings out boxes of shoes. It's more work for them, but they know their stock and what will work on my troublesome feet.

I've to add in knees to that -- so now the shoes have to be flat.

Last edited by timlee; 08-18-2012 at 05:07 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2012, 11:51 PM
 
11,423 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Reputation: 18119
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlee View Post
Thanks! What do you mean by " add in knees to that "?

I usually settled with shoes that were much longer than my feet.

Does higher instep tend to mean that I am better for running/jumping/walking or totally irrelevant?
Note that my feet also look kind of flat at bottom.
Not everyones knees -- just mine. My knees are bone on bone, not quite bad enough for knee replacements, but heels are out for me. Flats are what I need to wear.

I think your instep means nothing for walking or running -- it's just a high instep. I've had great luck with New Balance shoes for fit, also Munro America. None of these are cheap, but I can't wear cheap shoes. My sister can go anywhere and buy anything.... but not me.

And when you find a brand that works, keep it in mind for the next tiem you need shoes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 12:41 PM
 
30,314 posts, read 31,181,855 times
Reputation: 13979
Perhaps you need to wear orthotics. If you can't afford custom-made orthotics, try Dr. Scholl's orthotic inserts.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 05:01 PM
 
Location: NYC
7,371 posts, read 12,314,281 times
Reputation: 10279
Stop buying shoes at Walmart. That store is for fat people; their arches have fallen due to the heavy weight they carry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM
 
11,423 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Reputation: 18119
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Stop buying shoes at Walmart. That store is for fat people; their arches have fallen due to the heavy weight they carry.
I don't think he is -- he was using their size charts as a "for instance"...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2012, 05:57 AM
 
80 posts, read 188,891 times
Reputation: 48
A chirporactor can order shoes with your custom orthotics made into them. They are expensive but in my opinion well worth it. In some instances your insurance may pay for them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2014, 04:04 PM
 
1 posts, read 4,584 times
Reputation: 10
My length size in cm is 27.5 ball 26 whith is my size in walmart?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2014, 09:53 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,981 times
Reputation: 15
to [URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/members/ongletnyc-716047.html"]OngletNYC[/URL] what an ignorant response. i have fallen arches; not from obesity. now i know why you stand in front of every walmart calculating thin vs. fat. hurry and call the daily hews.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top