Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 PM

28 posts, read 51,376 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I just wanted to know if anyone has had the fraxel laser treatment? I have acne scarring from my teenage years and Ive been looking into getting it done. The results all seem to differ of course but wonder if yours was worth the price or not. Any dramatic changes to texture, look, feel and color of your skin?

Perhaps there's another procedure that would greatly minimize the grooves/indentations I have on my cheeks?

I will eventually get a consultation from my Dermatologist but wanted a little feedback from anyone whose familiar with this.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 05:06 AM

138 posts, read 232,499 times
Definitely worth it! Your skin will look amazing.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkbaby View Post
Definitely worth it! Your skin will look amazing.
Thank you for the feedback

Most of the after photos I've seen look amazing.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:20 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,605,097 times
With the indented scarring from acne, a lot of derms recommend 2-3 sessions of microdermabrasion on those areas first followed by fraxel. I have had one fraxel treatment and liked the results, but I don't know that in my particular case it gave a better result than a clinical-strength chemical peel would have. I think find a well-respected doctor who offers all treatments and let the doc make recommendations based on your particular skin issues, and then decide what course of action you will take.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times
I did it, not for scarring, but for skin tightening....hurts like crazy (afterwards...not during, so much), and took over a week to heal each time (I did it 2 times) (It actually burns your skin) and I was sort of "housebound...didn't want anyone to see the healing.....and I haven't noticed any major difference in texture or tightness. I will save my money for a REAL facelift.

If you want to minimize scars, have you considered microderm abrasion? My friend had some bad acne scars, and now, you can't see them, unless you get "up close and personal" and she has NO makeup on at all!

Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
With the indented scarring from acne, a lot of derms recommend 2-3 sessions of microdermabrasion on those areas first followed by fraxel. I have had one fraxel treatment and liked the results, but I don't know that in my particular case it gave a better result than a clinical-strength chemical peel would have. I think find a well-respected doctor who offers all treatments and let the doc make recommendations based on your particular skin issues, and then decide what course of action you will take.
Yeah I think that's going to be the most difficult thing is finding a really good doctor
Was kind of hoping the fraxel alone would be enough but now you've got me thinking, considering how bad my skin is, that I may need more than just that. Thank you for the feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I did it, not for scarring, but for skin tightening....hurts like crazy (afterwards...not during, so much), and took over a week to heal each time (I did it 2 times) (It actually burns your skin) and I was sort of "housebound...didn't want anyone to see the healing.....and I haven't noticed any major difference in texture or tightness. I will save my money for a REAL facelift.

If you want to minimize scars, have you considered microderm abrasion? My friend had some bad acne scars, and now, you can't see them, unless you get "up close and personal" and she has NO makeup on at all!
No major difference? Wow, that is a big let down. That's a lot of money wasted
A few years ago I did have 4 microdermabrasions...one procedure a week. I didn't see much improvement unfortunately. That's why I started looking into something bigger like fraxel. IDK...maybe I can give it a try again. It's certainly a more cheaper route to take. I suppose looking into chemical peels too as the PP mentioned.

Again, thank you all for the response. I truly appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty