Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 12:19 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,909,858 times

Advertisements

Mac has a new line of skin care products that intrigue me. Here they are:

Lightful with Marine Bright Formula | M·A·C Cosmetics | Official Site

When they say brighten do they mean skin-lightening/bleach or do they mean just brighter, fresher, well-rested looking skin?

I think have seen skin lightening called "brightening" and I don't want to lighten my skin, but "bright" as in fresh and young sounds so appealing. I like to get a nice tan in this summer so I'm not trying to make my skin lighter than it already is (NC 30).

Do you guys think/know exactly what this product is saying? Is this lightening or just adding nourishment to skin?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 01:29 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Well vitamin C does brighten naturally. The seaweed would help add hydration, and antioxidants.

It says "asian inspired" so I would check the ingredients to make sure what you buy is not an actual chemical whitening product.

I used this before:
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum® Collagen Booster: Shop Face Treatments & Serums | Sephora

(has vitamin c)

My skin was going through a dull period. Did a peel and followed up with this.
Worked nicely.
I didn't need to keep using it though as nutritional intake maintained the brightness after I got through that bad skin phase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty