Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:52 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I read an article today where the men were polled and giving statements according to what they think is attractive about women. They claimed women have it 'all wrong' about what is attractive to the average man. They then proceeded to 'set the record straight' and named some unconventional beauties like Anne Hathaway as being the most attractive type women. Okay fine.

Why is it they always SAY these 'unconventional women' are the most attractive -- yet as soon as Christina Aguilera is shown or even Khloe Kardashian the first words out of their mouths are fat and/or ugly? They are the only two I can think of at this late hour, but I've seen this happening on several occasions. What I'm saying is: the female celebrities who actually fit the 'unconventional beauties' or have 'normal' body types are the ones they call fat/ugly! So personally I don't think they like normal women at all. I think they say so because it sounds 'good.'

They seem to like to say one thing but sorry, it doesn't seem to pan out that way when you get down to brass tax about the women they actually covet & put on pedestals.
Because Khloe Kardashian IS fat...and ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Because Khloe Kardashian IS fat...and ugly.
Actually, she's not fat...she's just not short like her sisters.

Even when I was fairly thin, when I was in pictures with my shorter friends I looked like a fat giant. By myself, or with my taller friends I looked perfectly normal. If you put a picture of me with my guy friend who is 6'9 next to a picture of me with two of my girlfriends who are under 5'5, I would look completely different.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Most men just want a girl with a hot @ss that's not crazy. Sadly, that's a 1 in a thousand find in the united states...................... LOL
However, the problem is that most of those men that "just want a girl with a hot @ss that's not crazy" have beer bellies and are broke as a joke.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I can only speak for myself. Kim K wouldn't cause me to slur anything except for sh t on her. I don't find her attractive at all. She is not my type. So maybe you think she is hot, but not everyone does. Especially not me. Your opinion isn't universal...Just saying. I couldn't even stand to be in the same room with that women. Her voice is whiny as hel l and she does absolutely nothing for me. To each his own. Don't forget that. What one finds attractive others might see as "average/ fugly".

Most people (or atleast it seems like that in recent years) most likely wouldn't like who I think is attractive in a women. I like long, slender legs with a perky but. That huge asz thing does absolutely nothing for me. I equate it (right or wrong) with fat. Now Anna Kournikova in her prime. Now that is a body. And I have the calenders to prove it..lol

Oh, as far as your thing about celebrities. I don't hate on "all" celebrities. Just those who haven't earned it. In my mind, those celebrities are fair game. The Kim K of the worlds are open to as much criticism as anyone should be. It's just my opinion. And opinions are like asz holes, everyones got one!
Actually, I don't find her particularly attractive. However, if I saw her walking around in the real world, I'm sure I would. Most people in real life are pretty ugly, Most celebrities, even the *ugly* ones, are pretty attractive.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
both of those celebrity examples are known for their either extremely superficial or obnoxious personalities and I think that factors into their "ugliness". DUIs and no intelligence is not attractive to men or women. Both of their careers are centered around behaving undignified and classless.

This thread is pointless.

If it's pointless why did you bother wasting precious time to post in it?

Also, in case you didn't notice you talked about a bunch of things irrelevant to the actual topic, LOL. I never mentioned personalities and far as I know, men have not been calling the two I mentioned 'ugly' because of their personality traits. Read the OP and post accordingly next time.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 03-27-2013 at 01:27 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Oh and Christina aguilera was never called fat until... She became fat. I never heard that from 00-10 because she wasnt. She put in work lost the weight and no one says that anymore
Of course she wasn't called 'fat' when she was rail thin....The point I was making which has apparently been lost on you: she was not necessarily fat, but closer to the normal woman you see walking around.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
For someone who acts like they can give a rats asz about any guys opinion. Why do you care?

It's just a topic like any other on here. Do you have anything relevant to add? Guess not!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In the end it really does not matter what men say. Look at their girlfriends and wives. Have you ever noticed that MOST of these men who supposedly hate fat and/or ugly women are with fat and/or ugly women? Just saying.....
Yes I have noticed that that some of their wives/gfs are larger then Christina & Khloe as well.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylu View Post
It's possible that they have their own ideas about what is attractive and not attractive. People don't really seem to like rail thin girls and would actually go for a more voluptuous body. I think male attraction might be based upon how extreme the unconventionalities in a woman are.

They like someone a little hippy (voluptuous) but someone too hippy might be considered fat to them.

On a side note I actually happen to think Khloe is kind of attractive. Same with Christina Aguilera. Would I consider going out with them? No. They are just not my type personality wise.

What I highlighted is what I am talking about. Why was Christina considered 'attractive' when she was rail thin but then a more voluptuous (and/or chubby) version she is considered fat and ugly, if what you said above is true?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This is an excellent point. Both men and women are high and mighty when it comes to judging the attractiveness of celebrities. However, I bet the overwhelming majority of men who get a good laugh sitting back with their buddies and calling Kim Kardashian fat would melt like butter and slur their words together if she ever flirted with them.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty