Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:34 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times

Advertisements

As a woman,I could never see the facination with Kate Upton.
But I could never understand why men say Sarah Jessica Parker is unattractive.
Same thing with Rosie O' Donnell. She isn't unattractive to me,or she isn't grotesque like people make her out to be.
Same thing with Oprah,Margaret Cho,and Kathy Griffin
Men talk about these women all the time,but as I said,I don't see it hwo they are unattractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 PM

From what I have heard,if a woman compliments you,they really mean it. They have nothing to gain.
Whereas men only compliment a woman because they usually want something.

Not sure how true that is...

Old 05-03-2013, 08:37 PM

530 posts, read 1,131,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyers2010 View Post

That's not true I might not be the best looking but I can and will most certainly point out a woman who is beautiful, or has nice breasts and even a nice butt whether or not my boyfriend finds her attractive if he does then we will agree I have no insecurities about myself as a woman if a man I am with veered off path to be with his "type" or even worse someone who is most definitely out of his league then see ya!! cause you wasn't worth it anyways... and male friends? well most of them seek the need to point out women to me because they know I will be honest. Attraction happens because that is what you are attracted to, don't mean you are shallow about who your attracted to. People are attracted to other people mostly because that is their type. Im a big girl, but im not attracted to big girls... why? simply because Im just not... thats not my attraction but if I see a big girl I think is pretty I will say it.

IE.
Pamela Anderson - nice rack but ewwww noooo butt and skinny chicken legs and botox lips that bleach crap she puts in her hair???
Angelina Jolie - ok rack, beautiful lips (natural I think) but tooooo skinny and a large forehead
Kim Kardashian - (no im not a fan) BAM! nice everything!!!!

Its an individual preference and any woman who is jealous and threatened just by the fact men or her man find a certain type to be attractive has self esteem issues and other insecurities that need to be checked on... my theory is if he leaves you for another he was never worth it and you'll find better, but if hes just glancing theres nothing wrong with window shopping as long as he doesn't stop to buy.
I find Pamela Anderson's legs very nice, her rack gross, her face very gorgeous in her prime
Angelina Jolie nice rack, gorgeous face during movie Gia
Kim Kardashian beautiful face, not a fan of her fake body, butt way too big for my liking

Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That could be true. I was rather startled to read the other day that Gwyneth Paltrow was named the most beautiful woman. I think she's rather ordinary-looking. Not unattractive or anything, but just...plain. There is nothing outstanding or remarkable about her face.
I think that she is striking. Not beautiful ay all. She has long ultra straight blond hair that she denies is bleached. ( "I am the only person in Hollywood with blond roots". she gushed once in an interview.

Men don't seem to love G.P. though. They seem to be in love with full lipped ethnic looking brunettes with more meat on their bones.

Some look good. Others look like platypuses.

Paltrow has had a nose job. And she bleaches her hair. After 30, there are few natural blondes. Including myself. Highlights work wonders.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:02 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
Dorothy Dandridge
Lena Horne
Dinah Shore
Diahann Carroll
Vanessa Williams.....
Pam Grier?

Blame Hollywood casting directors I guess.....
Dinah Shore was white.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 PM

2,135 posts, read 4,274,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
As a woman,I could never see the facination with Kate Upton.
But I could never understand why men say Sarah Jessica Parker is unattractive.
Same thing with Rosie O' Donnell. She isn't unattractive to me,or she isn't grotesque like people make her out to be.
Same thing with Oprah,Margaret Cho,and Kathy Griffin
Men talk about these women all the time,but as I said,I don't see it hwo they are unattractive.
None of those women are attractive. I almost puked in my mouth. As another poster said I think women think other women are pretty by how they dress or their hair etc. A man thinks a woman is attractive by their body. It is just reality.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
None of those women are attractive. I almost puked in my mouth. As another poster said I think women think other women are pretty by how they dress or their hair etc. A man thinks a woman is attractive by their body. It is just reality.
What about the face?
Do men base how pretty a woman is by her face or by her body?
Because SJP has a nice body.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What about the face?
Do men base how pretty a woman is by her face or by her body?
Because SJP has a nice body.
Mostly body for me at least. You can have a (butter face) as most men call it ( I don't), but if they have a nice body I can easily be attracted to them or think they are pretty. SJP's body is just too bony for me. Not even skinny, just too bony. She does nothing for me at all....just another fish in the sea.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:14 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Zooey Deschanel is totally my girl crush. I mean i will seriously will go gay for that STRIKING BEAUTY. Men usually find her just cute, while many straight women drool over her.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Zooey Deschanel is totally my girl crush. I mean i will seriously will go gay for that STRIKING BEAUTY. Men usually find her just cute, while many straight women drool over her.
Now she is attractive to me. How she acts and her mannerisms I also like.

I've also wondered this. I've known several women who would say such things that your saying "I will go gay" or "I like her boobs" about some woman. A guy doesn't even think these things. I don't care if a guy has big muscles or a trim body I'm not thinking " I will go gay for him" or "I really like that guys body".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty