Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 05:56 PM

10 posts, read 19,031 times

Advertisements

I recently have found myself back in the dating pool at age 33. I am wondering if I am maximizing my potential of what God's given me to work with or if there are things I should be doing differently?

Here are my pictures: Photo Album - Imgur (Top two and bottom two are the most recent. Middle two are a year or two old, pre weight loss).

I've already lost 20 pounds and am supposedly sitting around 13% bodyfat. I feel decently fit at this point.

Main thoughts are:
1) I have a high hair line. I don't think it's majorly receding, it's been like (or close to it) my whole life. The way I style my hair spiking up in front seems to exaggerate this. What do you think?

2) I am greying pretty rapidly. It's a genetic thing, one side of my family has nearly fully grey hair by 40. It's still somewhat hidden when I put gel in it. I can always color it, not sure if it's really an issue.

3) Anything else?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 07:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times
I don't see the gray. Your hairline is high but not sure what you can do. Grow a 'stach and goatee and shave the head?

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:12 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,499,037 times
I think your hairstyle looks fine. I might consider coloring it and see if you like it. Once you get to your 40's, maybe let it go gray if you like. I think it starts to look distinguished in that age range. Right now if you're trying to get the interest of potential partners in their late 20's-mid 30's, I might consider coloring it.

Congrats on getting healthy!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:28 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
I think you look very attractive. In my opinion, you do not need to do anything to change your physical appearance.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,114,620 times
I think you looked better when you had a little more weight! ( the one with you squatting)

Old 07-28-2013, 12:26 PM

10 posts, read 19,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I don't see the gray. Your hairline is high but not sure what you can do. Grow a 'stach and goatee and shave the head?
My facial hair doesn't grow out very well, but I'll think about that. I had thought about asking my hair stylist to do something different, but honestly I've tried that twice in the past and they make it the same (even if I go drop $40 on a "higher end" haircut).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
I think your hairstyle looks fine. I might consider coloring it and see if you like it. Once you get to your 40's, maybe let it go gray if you like. I think it starts to look distinguished in that age range. Right now if you're trying to get the interest of potential partners in their late 20's-mid 30's, I might consider coloring it.

Congrats on getting healthy!
Thank you! I will eventually try coloring it. It still seems to be hidden enough, but my day will come soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
I think you look very attractive. In my opinion, you do not need to do anything to change your physical appearance.
Thank you! You made my day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
I think you looked better when you had a little more weight! ( the one with you squatting)
I wouldn't want to go back! Clothes fit so much better now and my self confidence is way better as well. Like I good single person (lol), I am doing the gym thing regularly, so hopefully I will gain some muscle over time. Good to know though, that's why I posted!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:21 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
I think you look great. The only change that I would make would be to get rid of the t-shirts.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,145,603 times
It's amazing how hard we are on ourselves. Just looking at the pictures, I thought you were attractive and had a decent body. I didn't even notice the hairline until you said anything. It's a non-issue. I didn't see any gray, and I highly doubt that would be an issue either. I think you look fine with or without the extra 20 pounds. I don't see any need to change anything, and think you should do whatever you think would make you healthiest and happiest, physically.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
First off, very ballsy posting a thread like this. Kudos for that.

As a fellow dude, you're doing fine. You are in better shape than the vast majority and you aren't an ugly dude. Regardless of dress style or whatever, girls like guys who look good without a shirt on.

Don't grow facial hair, most women I know like a clean shaven face. Definitely don't shave your head and grow a beard...that'll add a good 10 years on your face.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:16 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,978,388 times
You posted, I'll answer.
Don't change a thing. You appear on the outside to be attractive.
I hope the inside matches.
Good luck on the dating scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty