Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 PM

361 posts, read 725,039 times

Advertisements

I don't know what to do. I haven't worn a dress or a skirt for the past 2 weeks or used any particular product -yet-, because I thought they would just go away after a couple of days. It's been 2 weeks!

Never had those before.

Oh..and the lines are on my legs. I wear leggings when I play tennis and the mark is right in the middle of my legs. (like between my knee and ankle).

You guys know of any product I could use to make them go away or should I just wait another week??
Should I start to worry??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 06:29 AM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Nothing to worry about... worry solves nothing.

My tan lines took months to fade.
The best way I got rid of tan lines was to tan the untanned areas.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:41 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
Like Pitt Chick said, tan the untanned areas. You can either do it with the sun or use a product like Jergens, which would give you some control as to how light or dark.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Exfoliate the area. Shave often. It will help get back to your natural color faster. Blend with a self tanner in the meantime.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 AM

361 posts, read 725,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Nothing to worry about... worry solves nothing.

My tan lines took months to fade.
The best way I got rid of tan lines was to tan the untanned areas.
See, the problem is I never tan.

I don't need to tan. I'm not white. I'm just a little light skinned and this doesn't usually happen to me. That's why I'm a little freaked out right now.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
See, the problem is I never tan.

I don't need to tan. I'm not white. I'm just a little light skinned and this doesn't usually happen to me. That's why I'm a little freaked out right now.
Oh good grief. Buy some self tanner and use it, if it bothers you that much. I assure you it won't bother anyone else.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:23 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,475 times
Start varying the length of the pants you play in. Leggings today, shorts tomorrow.

Use sunscreen daily. Even people who aren't white have issues with the sun...and skin cancer doesn't care what color you are.

Use a scrub to soften the line. Your skin will feel softer. Try one of those lotions that build a little color as you use them to the lighter parts. Exfoliation will also help lotion and sunscreen's effectiveness.

And don't worry about it. You are likely the only one who notices. If anybody says anything, just laugh and show off your tennis-toned legs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty