Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:45 AM

1,669 posts, read 2,244,311 times

Advertisements

21 of 37 female personalities on a very popular news network are either blonde or have blonde highlights. I'm not sure what this says, but it says something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 12:11 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
The myth is that men prefer blondes, and many do, but survey after survey, going way back, shows men as a group prefer darker-haired women. It hasn't changed, its just that the myth, like many, wasn't based on truth.

Its like the idea that men prefer skinny women. Its the fashion industry's myth that the ideal is a flat-chested,tall, skinny woman, that's why that myth got out there. They are models so that must be what men want right? Wrong. Men, as a group, like womanly-shaped women.

Of course you can always find a group of men that likes a particular type, whetever that type is.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,939,231 times
Yea being blonde isn't as popular in America as it was in the 80's. Its because America is more diverse and they show more people of color in the media. One of the weirdest things I noticed was when I turned on WWE Monday Night RAW and there was only one blonde woman out of like 12. I remember when I watched when I was a teen, almost every woman had the blonde bimbo look. Off the top of my head, Kate Upton is the only hot blonde younger celebrity, back in the day it would've been Pam Anderson, Jenny McCarthy, Anna Nicole Smith, Madonna, Jenna Jameson etc.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:45 AM

634 posts, read 897,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Of course most white people aren't even blonde, but if you understand social science, whenever the ideal standard of western beauty is discussed, people seem to always talk about the 'blonde, blue eyed Aryan ideal.' It just seems to me that saying 'you prefer blondes' is almost seen as a mild form of buying into that. Maybe 'getting back at white people' isn't exactly what I mean, more just distancing themselves from this supposed Northern Euro-centric of beauty that has prevailed in America for so long.
That is complete nonsense and I've known some pretty extreme white power types over the years; yet when it comes to their women they like them in all shapes and varieties!

Old 09-21-2013, 08:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
However, I did watch the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders tryouts last night (yes, I really did) AND blondes were everywhere.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:18 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,804,861 times
Sometimes it almost seem un-PC to say you prefer blondes.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:27 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Only bottle-blondes.

Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
I think the OP is thinking too hard. Some men like dark hair, some light and some like it RED. I personally have an aversion to ginger men. Maybe some men have an aversion to blonde hair. I am not against White men but I like dark hair and medium to dark skin. Just what I like. My husband has never dated a blonde or redhead but I am sure he must find some non brunettes attractive. I know if Scarlett Johanssen walked by...he would turn right around to look!

Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,803 times
If you ask me, men in general will take an average-looking blonde woman over a very pretty brunette because blondes are inherently more attractive.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:44 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
If you are suffering thinning hair, dyeing your hair blond or lighter colors will serve to "hide" that fact better than dark hair.

Also, very young kids are blonds but with age their hair darkens.

Some associate blond hair with a younger look.

Also there is the come here, tap this, allure.

I'd leave the race card in your holster.
Eaxctly!

All my clients with thinning hair, I encourage them to either go lighter, or do heavy highlights; to help camoflague the thinning.

As for the "tap this allure", I think Salma Hayeck is MUCH better at that look that Jenny McCarthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty