Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 12:47 PM

257 posts, read 684,792 times

Advertisements

Have You been to Sweden or Norway? I have many times. Most bland looking people there. I have never heard of any men or women going to any nordic country looking for a spouse. To eastern Europe? China? Korea? Thailand? Yes. To northern Europe? never in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 01:31 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,860,188 times
No thank you.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,184,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasha7 View Post
Have You been to Sweden or Norway? I have many times. Most bland looking people there. I have never heard of any men or women going to any nordic country looking for a spouse. To eastern Europe? China? Korea? Thailand? Yes. To northern Europe? never in my life.
Bland? What does that say about the US? The only attractive women I have seen in NYC are fashion models and tourists

There is no point coming to Scandinavia looking for a spouse. The attractive ones in America can always find someone at home. Undateables in America would not have any success over there.

Last edited by cmptrwlt; 11-05-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
I would definitely not think all Nordic looking women were attractive. Thats like men saying that they prefer the way Latina women look, when you can be pale white with blue eyes and be a Latina, or Black or Asian and be a Latina too.

My old room mate was a dead ringer for Chris Hemsworth and almost any of our mutual women friends melted when he was around, even the ones that swore they did not find Nordic looking men attractive. They probably would have melted around an Enrique Iglesias or a Tyrese Gibson looking guy too.
Attached Thumbnails
Why Are Nordic Women So Beautiful?-thor.jpg  

Last edited by kris; 01-10-2014 at 01:34 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 02:04 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,101,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Hm but losers al across planet, who have money, fly to northern European countries in hope to get married, not to exotic countries.
To answer OP question. They are better looking in male version too, of course at average. Tall and athletic.

You say: "losers across the planet who have money". If they have money, then they are not losers, right? Men aren't usually interested in women from the Northern European countries because the women there are too liberated and divorce there is even more rampant than it is here. The meccas for exotic brides are Latin America, particularly Colombia and Brazil, and the far east, such as Thailand, the Philippines, Singapore, etc. Right now the British men like Spanish women; maybe it is just a fad. I think the best looking women are in NYC.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:07 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,563 times
You all are wrong. Losers at masse go to 3 Baltic states to find women. And there are Nordic women. Of course they can't do it in Sweden and Norway as is standard higher there then in USA. 3 Baltic states women are highest ranked at wish list of losers. Second in rang are Russian and Ukrainian women. Google something like "Baltic wife".

This is from quick googling.

---------Where did this mail-order bride phenomenon come from?
When one googles "Baltic women," the three top hits are 1. "Russian women girls Russian women Russian bride single Personals" 2. "Single Russian and Baltic women seeking marriage and dating" and 3. "Latvian Pearls - Russian Women seeking men for marriage." But when one googles "Canadian women" the top three hits are 1. "Celebrating women's achievements," 2. "Welcome to the Canadian Women's Foundation" and 3. "Canadian women deserve praise for gold." Clearly, in google's cyber world, Baltic women have been framed as commodities to be purchased at will. Any thoughts on this phenomenon? -----------------

Last edited by tipitop; 11-05-2013 at 02:17 PM..

Old 11-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
You say: "losers across the planet who have money". If they have money, then they are not losers, right?
Clearly we talk in marriage contest. From such angle they are losers.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:26 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times
Perhaps because many of them are blond(e)?

Old 11-05-2013, 02:47 PM

What surprised me is that even Latino immigrants have Nordic women at top of wish list. Saw here in MN them many times hitting at half foot taller Nordic women.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:02 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,134,620 times
The same reason people from any country are beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty