Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:34 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
come to vermont
Yeah got that right!!! Was with a gal many years ago from Vermont and she was ALL NATURAL..
No shaving..nadda!!

I prefer a woman who doesn't wear much makeup...It's not needed as i prefer what's behind the face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Personally I used to wear minimal makeup everyday then about 13 years ago I started cutting back on the number of days I wore make up and about 8 years ago I quit wearing makeup except a few times a year if that many.
Makeup to me is to enhance ones natural beauty not overtake it so I always used light tones for eyeshadow and lipstick.
Less is more when it comes to makeup and a lot of other things in life.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 PM

26 posts, read 126,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just can't understand why women can't just go natural and not put anything on their faces. Men do not like women with clown looking faces. Just a lip gloss is good enough. This has to be a major insecurity that almost all women have to put something on before they go out.
I did for years. I hated makeup. But I actually learned to love it. I love the creativity of it and the products themselves. But the reason I even began to wear makeup in the first place was because the women around me who got recognized in the work place or my friends who would get noticed when we went out all wore noticeable makeup. It's a sad fact, but people take you more seriously and give you more notice when you're "made up".

I'll give you an example. My last job I had to be at my desk at 5am. Sleep was WAY more important than makeup to me. However, my co-workers who my boss talk to the most and gave the most responsibility to wore noticeable amounts of makeup. In fact, one co-worker started going out of her way to put on more makeup each day and have her hair done as well when before it was a minimal effort. And no, their work was not better than anyone else (I know this because we had a running score card where we could all see where we stood each week). It was simply because he found them more attractive and gave them more attention.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just can't understand why women can't just go natural and not put anything on their faces. Men do not like women with clown looking faces. Just a lip gloss is good enough. This has to be a major insecurity that almost all women have to put something on before they go out.

I go natural most the time, otherwise just lip gloss and blush, curl my eyelashes... Never use foundation or powder, not my thing...

Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,823 times
It's really amusing when guys say that they prefer the "natural" look, and then gawk at women that are most likely wearing tons of makeup.

Up until I was 23, I would not go outside without makeup, even to check the mail. Then I just got sick of it, and figured if guys don't need makeup, why do I? Don't get me wrong, it's fun sometimes, and I like different beauty products, but I just don't feel like I should be obligated to wear them. Sometimes it's more of a PITA than it's worth. I don't want to worry about my hair sticking to my lipstick, or wiping the sweat off my forehead and giving myself a unibrow. If I'm going somewhere special or getting my picture taken, I'll wear makeup. Otherwise, I don't bother.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
I am not a big makeup wearer. But when I put it on I get way more comments about "glowing" and way more men stop to say hello (or throw in a compliment) when I walk by (compared to makeup free day). I go for a natural look.

Of course I usually get the most compliments on my skin when I am trying to buy makeup. The makeup counter worker says "why, you don't need it." (I am typically bare faced when I look for makeup)

Old 01-10-2014, 09:41 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Young women can get away with not using makeup, but as we age, I think women need makeup. I do think it is best to apply it so as to appear most natural though.

One reason I like to use makeup is to even out redness I have in different areas of my face. I really do look better in a little makeup.

There is no need to characterize women's use of makeup as putting on a clown face. We can disagree about things without being deliberately unkind.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
I could go natural if I wanted to, because I look fine without it--smooth, even-tone skin, and good features.

However a little makeup enhances the good features and tones down any problematic areas. For me, powder smooths out my complexion, mascara brings out my eyes more, blush adds a bit of color to my face, and lipstick highlights my lips. These small enhancements are not necessary, but create a nice, harmonious, more feminine look.

For me, the difference between going without makeup or wearing a bit makeup is equivalent to the difference between getting out of bed and fixing my hair by running my fingers through it, or fixing it with a comb and brush. My hair looks okay if I've run my fingers through it--not great but passable; however, I would not feel that my hair looks its best that way. Whereas if I use a comb and a brush, my hair looks neater, smoother, more attractive, and looks its best.

A little makeup is fun, a confidence booster, and most men seem to like it on me, judging by the looks, smiles, and compliments. There are lots of men who like a bit of makeup on women.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
Why in the world does anyone care whether women choose to enhance their faces with makeup or not? To each, her own. I used to assist a makeup artist so I wear minimal makeup strategically placed. Most people, especially men, have no idea that I wear concealer or eyebrow color. Some of us are skilled at we do and don't look like clowns but "Good for our age" or better yet, "younger than our age"! Hooray for makeup!

Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 80 View Post
i could go natural if i wanted to, because i look fine without it--smooth, even-tone skin, and good features.

However a little makeup enhances the good features and tones down any problematic areas. For me, powder smooths out my complexion, mascara brings out my eyes more, blush adds a bit of color to my face, and lipstick highlights my lips. These small enhancements are not necessary, but create a nice, harmonious, more feminine look.

For me, the difference between going without makeup or wearing a bit makeup is equivalent to the difference between getting out of bed and fixing my hair by running my fingers through it, or fixing it with a comb and brush. My hair looks okay if i've run my fingers through it--not great but passable; however, i would not feel that my hair looks its best that way. Whereas if i use a comb and a brush, my hair looks neater, smoother, more attractive, and looks its best.

A little makeup is fun, a confidence booster, and most men seem to like it on me, judging by the looks, smiles, and compliments. There are lots of men who like a bit of makeup on women.
+1!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty