Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 04:22 AM

322 posts, read 286,395 times

Advertisements

Sunscreen and avoiding the sun is very important. A good skincare routine can help a lot. Invest in a good moisturizer and eye cream and serum. Its best to use after you have showered or washed your face as your skin drinks it up. No smoking and avoid drinking if you can. Healthy eating works wonder for hair and skin. My mom is now in her early 40s and regularly gets told she looks 30 or younger. She doesnt eat gluten, eats healthy, has never smoked and never drinks and religiously applies sunblock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 04:27 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
So I'm in my mid-ish twenties and I'm concerned about avoiding wrinkles in the future. I want to look 10 years younger than my age when I hit mid 30's.

I've heard botox is only temporary. And it kinda scares me.

What steps should I take to avoid wrinkles and have good skin? I've heard moisturizing is good, no?
The only sure bet is dying at an early age.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:48 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Don't get old.
^^This!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:52 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
In your twenties... god wrinkles was the last thing on my mind back then, but genetics play a big big part , a cheap unperfumed moisturiser, not too much sunbathing. DONT smoke and dont drink alcohol too much as it dehydrates the skin..... drink loads of good water too...

Old 01-13-2014, 06:31 AM

2,019 posts, read 3,194,915 times
Like others have said, good healthy diet, sunscreen, good daily skincare regimen, no smoking, none or very light alcohol use, exercise, and enjoy life! IMO, genetics plays a key role when it comes to aging/wrinkles. I will be 57 this year and often get mistaken for being in my 40s. At times when I ask for a senior discount, they can't believe I qualify.

Last edited by smpliving; 01-13-2014 at 06:40 AM..

Old 01-13-2014, 07:01 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
So I'm in my mid-ish twenties and I'm concerned about avoiding wrinkles in the future. I want to look 10 years younger than my age when I hit mid 30's.

I've heard botox is only temporary. And it kinda scares me.

What steps should I take to avoid wrinkles and have good skin? I've heard moisturizing is good, no?
Drinking, smoking, drugs, sunning, excessive time in other weather elements, etc. can all contribute to wrinkles.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:59 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
One wee bit of advice, not only the face gets wrinkles but the front part of the chest, why this happens I dont know but Ive noticed mine in the past few years so dont forget to moisturise well in this area too and below the ears.. I sat behind an older lady on a bus and was looking at her earrings which were far too heavy and pulling on her ears making them longer then noticed the long wrinkles behind and below her ears.. places I never thought of getting wrinkled.. so dont forget just behind the lobe and apply a little cream...

Old 01-13-2014, 08:05 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Genetics
Hydrate often
Avoid UV light
Be happy
Use silica gel to build collagen/elastin.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-13-2014 at 08:57 AM..

Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
There's a lot of truth to that "fat" thing though, and by that I don't mean you need to stay "fat." What I do mean is that the skin on your face will age better if there's a bit of fat underlying it - in other words, if you strive to have very low body fat, this will affect the skin on your face negatively.

The great thing is, as you age, a perfect figure becomes less important (to you and everyone else) and that face becomes more important. That's when you realize that maybe you shouldn't have been fretting about that extra ten pounds all these years.

I agree with what the others have said:

Moisturizers/foundation with sunscreen - every day
Drink lots of water
Don't smoke
Don't abuse any substances and don't use any street/illegal drugs
Don't use tanning beds or try to tan
Get plenty of sleep
Try to train yourself to sleep on your back
EAT NATURAL, UNPROCESSED FOODS
Be sure your diet contains enough HEALTHY fats
Keep your face clean but don't scrub it hard

As for the wrinkles caused by laughing and smiling - I'd say by laughing and smiling, you're staving off other things a lot worse than wrinkling, so don't worry a bit about these!

Old 01-13-2014, 09:11 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Be nice.

Nothing makes a woman more attractive, and any wrinkles she has less noticeable, than her being genuinely nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty