Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I like this strategy. so now we pretend as if its hard, so now our excuse is that its so much harder than you think. oh and now thin people's opinions don't matter because its not hard for them.

its hard for you because you have convinced yourself that its hard for you. you have mentally allowed yourself to lose control over your weight. there is nothing stopping you but your own self concocted mental obstacles.
Give me a break. He is not making excuses, he is claiming it isn't as easy for some as it is for others. Do you not believe that people have different levels of physical talent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Give me a break. He is not making excuses, he is claiming it isn't as easy for some as it is for others. Do you not believe that people have different levels of physical talent?
I think we all have the talent to eat less. some people choose not to. they have decided the next bite of food is more important than maintaining a healthier weight.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I think we all have the talent to eat less. some people choose not to. they have decided the next bite of food is more important than maintaining a healthier weight.
I asked if you believed we all have different levels of physical talents and abilities. It's a yes or no question.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I asked if you believed we all have different levels of physical talents and abilities. It's a yes or no question.
so fat person logic is that if everyone has different talent levels, if I am fat then I should just say thin people are more talented at staying thin?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
so fat person logic is that if everyone has different talent levels, if I am fat then I should just say thin people are more talented at staying thin?
So I take it you're afraid to answer my simple yes or no question?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
So I take it you're afraid to answer my simple yes or no question?
you think I am obligated to answer your questions in the way you want me to? ask a question that's relevant and you will get a better chance of an answer that fits what you are looking for. you don't need special talent to not get fat.

do you expect all adults to be able to tie their shoes?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
you think I am obligated to answer your questions in the way you want me to? ask a question that's relevant and you will get a better chance of an answer that fits what you are looking for. you don't need special talent to not get fat.

do you expect all adults to be able to tie their shoes?
Of course you are not obligated. But it's an easy question to answer and it really calls into question your credibility that you are unwilling to do so. I'll ask one more time: do you believe people have different levels of physical talent and abilities?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Of course you are not obligated. But it's an easy question to answer and it really calls into question your credibility that you are unwilling to do so. I'll ask one more time: do you believe people have different levels of physical talent and abilities?
do you expect all adults to be able to tie their own shoes?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
do you expect all adults to be able to tie their own shoes?
Yes I do, save for those who are restricted by a physical or cognitive handicap. I answered yours, now take a crack at mine.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Yes I do, save for those who are restricted by a physical or cognitive handicap. I answered yours, now take a crack at mine.
ok, im excited to see how you try to make this answer actually meaningful in this discussion.

yes, I believe that people have different talents abilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty