Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 11:34 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Didn't know you were a photoshop expert. In what way are they altered? I am a photoshop expert (through my digital photography hobby) and can easily identify where photos were altered (usually through masks, layers and the liquify effect). These photos are not altered (in terms of reshaping the models bodies). Besides, I know a lot of women in real life who look EXACTLY like them and THAT is what I am talking about. They are representative as to the look of women that every man I know (including me) find completely and totally super attractive. I don't know any dude IRL who would not find these women HOT.

That is what regular exercise and clean eating will make you look like.
No, their bodies were not reshaped but the colors and whatnot were changed to make their skin smoother and other attributes pop out. It's the same thing my sister does and the difference is pretty incredible...no 'body shaping' required. \
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...formation.html

Oh, and I work out 3-5 days a week and have both a personal trainer and a nutritionist and I don't look like that.

And I just showed two of those pictures you posted to three of my male coworkers. One said 'eh', the other two said 'gross'. Hm. I guess not EVERY guy finds them hot. I'm not saying they're unattractive, but the fact you think EVERY SINGLE MAN thinks they're hot is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post

I disagree with the statement that most men prefer "Very small, very thin, not much visible muscle mass." A muscular, bubble butt will gain most guys attention before anything else. OTOH, many guys are intimidated by girls who are taller, more athletic or stronger.
I grew up in a CA beach town...the small, lithe, thin women were the ones that most of the guys went for. Think stereotypical beach town co-ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
surfers eh, here's a couple:

http://afterellen.mtvnimages.com/upl...pg?quality=0.6

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...1Y7q5KsmWzYmNT

http://archives.deccanchronicle.com/...anchard-ED.jpg

they aren't exactly lacking muscle mass. you also have to keep in mind that most women who throw weights around don't end up looking like bodybuilders and fitness models, they end up looking something like this:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...c14e6a11d8.jpg
I've been throwing weights around for about 3 years and I look nothing like that. I also work with a nutritionist and personal trainer as well... still don't look like that. Why can't dudes get it through their heads that not everyone will look like a model regardless of how much they work out and eat right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 11:49 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
I've been throwing weights around for about 3 years and I look nothing like that. I also work with a nutritionist and personal trainer as well... still don't look like that. Why can't dudes get it through their heads that not everyone will look like a model regardless of how much they work out and eat right?
Obviously you aren't working hard. *rolls eyes*

Old 02-21-2014, 11:57 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post

Oh, and I work out 3-5 days a week and have both a personal trainer and a nutritionist and I don't look like that.

And I just showed two of those pictures you posted to three of my male coworkers. One said 'eh', the other two said 'gross'. Hm. I guess not EVERY guy finds them hot. I'm not saying they're unattractive, but the fact you think EVERY SINGLE MAN thinks they're hot is wrong.

I grew up in a CA beach town...the small, lithe, thin women were the ones that most of the guys went for. Think stereotypical beach town co-ed.

I've been throwing weights around for over 40 years and I don't look like a bodybuilder. Most people, both men and women, are not capable of ever looking like a bodybuilder. Even with the people who are capable of looking like a bodybuilder, most do not have the discipline to diet the way you need to diet. I'm sure I have a 6-pack but I can't see it because I like pizza too much.

Always be sceptical of what men say when asked their opinion of women by a woman. Many, if not most times they will tell you what they think you want to hear.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:10 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,204 times
Honestly while a lot of men might find the same look attractive, it doesn't mean that they don't find other bodies just as attractive... What I mean is, most men can comment on a woman that is sexy or looks nice and even come to a consensus about how good her body is but that won't stop them from being attracted to women that don't look like that particular type of women. While a lot of men might find fit lean women attractive, these same men might find women that aren't as fit or as lean just as attractive.

And of the men I know who find this type of women attractive anyway all of them tend to be those who are really into the lifting/workout lifestyle. Men who are not tend to agree that fit women can be attractive but overall wont necessarily tote it as the most attractive looking body out there for women.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,204 times
Also again because it seems like some if you are fixated on the idea that every woman or man has the capacity to look a certain way if they just do x, y,z... It is not true. Yes most women tend to avoid heavy weights of weight lifting period, but not every woman can get the same results. It largely depends on genes, body shape, body type etc. there are plenty of women that lift but are not as toned or that have bubble butts from squatting. Jillian Michael is a good example. My sister is a good example. And other posters here are good examples of that as well. Women with more meso-qualities and that normally and already distribute weight to the bottom half of have the genes for such are the ones that have that bubble but squatting look. And some of these women don't even lift or workout regularly and they can still look fit, close to it, or still have a bubble butt. there are a lot of girls that do squats and don't have booties. And there are girls that don't do squats at all and do...

It's silly to keep trying to tell someone else that they can look a certain way when the reality is that results are entirely individual.

My sister has a trainer and she does squats on the smith machine and follows a very strict paleo diet. She is very slim and lean but no ass to speak of despite the lifting and the personal trainer. She does not at all look like the women in any of those pics. She just looks thin and lean.

On the other hand I eat well, but I don't follow as strict of a diet. I lift and squat but without the help of a trainer and my butt is much bigger, and while I'm toned I'm not as lean as she is. My body resembles Nikyee Heaton, or cocoa austin(without the fake boobs), in that I am curvy, but tend to have thicker but toned thighs and legs. Upon looking at me no one would know that I lift of workout like I do, they might assume that I do something to tone up but would not believe how hard I work. I'm a meso endo and so I can build muscle rather easy without having too do much but losing fat tends to be very difficult, so rather than being all muscle my muscle has fat over it and just looks toned but not as though I lift the way I do. I'm also under 5ft4 and I don't have long legs which means that I don't pull off that long legged lean look like some of the women in your pics.

I like my body despite this and feel like I look feminine and curvy and as fit as I need to look for myself. I don't care to gf as lean as some of those women are though I think they look great. And the men that I'm most attracted to tend to like my body so at the end of the day I suppose it's a to each it's own thing.

Last edited by Faith2187; 02-21-2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,759 times
Lean with a little muscle is OK on a petite girl. For average to large framed women, I prefer medium to slightly chubby.

One thing I've noticed is that virtually every woman I see at the gym is pear-shaped. Not many (natural) apples or hourglasses. I see the plump legged, larger butt women plugging away like they're trying to rid themselves of their (wonderful) assets. Yet the more they do, the bigger it gets.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:01 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,759 times
I think it's easy for us to confuse what society prefers with what our social circle prefers. If you hang around a bunch of cute, chubby Renaissance Fair-type girls and guys, your view on what most people find attractive is different than someone that associates with a bunch of protein shake loving bodybuilders.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:54 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post

My sister has a trainer and she does squats on the smith machine and follows a very strict paleo diet. She is very slim and lean but no ass to speak of despite the lifting and the personal trainer. She does not at all look like the women in any of those pics. She just looks thin and lean.
smith machine squats aren't legit squats. It also has everything to do with the weight you hang on the bar and if you are consistently increasing said weight. You can "squat" for 5 years straight and not grow much muscle, you have to do it properly and be always stressing your body and pushing upward in weight. No workout should ever be easy, they should all suck. Personal trainers don't usually want to distress their money source, so they stick them on the smith machine with low weight(just sayin'). Paleo isn't the best diet for heavy lifting imo, the lack of carbs works against you.

I promise you, if any standard issue human being subscribed to a year long regime of consistent barbell squats/deadlifts and ate a proper diet along with, they would grow muscle mass. Obviously some are genetically biased towards bigger glutes than others, but your glutes and legs will grow in response to barbell training, no question. Along with your entire core, people don't realize how hard it gets hit with barbell training.

I agree that just because men find fit strong women attractive, doesn't mean thats ALL they find attractive. Just means we find fit strong women attractive. To be honest, a nice face and personality go a lot farther then a top notch physique.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
I wouldn't say so. Women, by nature are OK with higher body fat percentages. A woman with 25 % Body fat and reasonably toned body can pull off a glamorous look while men really are not respected for their looks unless they are muscular and have less than or around 15% body fat. I do have a reasonably toned body, but my physique looks odd from a real man's perspective. Standing at 6'0.5" and measuring 186 lb with 21.7 % body fat, men have in fact insulted me in my face that I would have looked better born as a girl .

Old 02-21-2014, 06:05 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
I think it's easy for us to confuse what society prefers with what our social circle prefers. If you hang around a bunch of cute, chubby Renaissance Fair-type girls and guys, your view on what most people find attractive is different than someone that associates with a bunch of protein shake loving bodybuilders.
I think were also confusing cultural influences and primal, biological influences. Culture is all about thin, weak, frail looking women, muscles are seen as unnecessary at best unless your an athlete. Our primal selves are screaming for a strong healthy woman who can produce, raise and protect her offspring optimally (keep in mind life has only very recently been so safe and secure, we come from a much harsher physical environment/life and that programming is still hardwired in us).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty